It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
International Firearms Control 
Minor Diety

Youre missing the point. I am talking about wide-spread sale of factory made guns. I think its ok for some idiot to carry around his home-made gun around (lol, the images!) The idea is to make the SALE of weapons to unregistered governments, included all civilians ILLEGAL. So if some moron thinks its a clever idea to convert his garage into a productive arms factory, he'd better expect an anal raping from the police.

Would this mean that the police wouldn't have any thundersticks either? Cos if not it's just too risky. I personally think there's still a difference between not selling any guns to anyone non-government at all, and the 'right' to keep and bear arms. Right=sure, if you meet certain standards. Don't want some crackhead coming up to you with a gun. :roll:

- Coach

Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:00 pm
Felix Rex

it would never work, though. You're always going to have some rogue-state arms supplier. Look at Russia and all the ex-soviet republics. Gun factories out the ass, all kinds of money-grubbing ex-communists making a buck. If America won't sell em guns, and France won't (right), and Germany won't, Belarus sure as fuck will.

Anyway, bleh. I want more guns. I dunno if it's this thread, but I have a major desire to go buy a CAR-15 clone, put a laser dot sight on it, replace the internal crap with titanium and go blasting away at the range. :D I friggin' love guns.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:41 am
Minor Diety

Would this mean that the police wouldn't have any thundersticks either? Cos if not it's just too risky. I personally think there's still a difference between not selling any guns to anyone non-government at all, and the 'right' to keep and bear arms.

Police dont need guns if the general population dont either.

Satis He Who Fails To Read Carefully wrote:
it would never work, though. You're always going to have some rogue-state arms supplier. Look at Russia and all the ex-soviet republics. Gun factories out the ass, all kinds of money-grubbing ex-communists making a buck. If America won't sell em guns, and France won't (right), and Germany won't, Belarus sure as fuck will.

That is the general politics now, yes. Im talking about the future. In X amounts of generations. By then, these policies will fade and invevitably the new bug one will arise...Globalisation, duh.

As for the fact that there will always be rogue traders, yes that is true. After all the law is applicable for those that sign it. But consider this, if a country is obviously renound for supplying weapons to trouble makers of the Global Alliance, dont you think the Global Alliance will be...inclined to stomp on the little rogue nation? And rightly so!

[/quote]

Last edited by derf on Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:28 am
Felix Rex

in that case, I demand that the UN stomp on the following, known-to-be-rogue nations:

North Korea
China
Iran
Syria
Russia
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Lebanon
...... (the list continues)

My point being that we will never live in a world where the majority of the world is civilized. We civilize one part of the world, another part goes to shit. Look at Lebanon! Lebanon was the jewel of the middle east in the 80s...vacation resort, great place to hang out, have fun. Now it's a hellhole.

Or Cuba. Cuba was a great getaway until Castro took over. How about South Africa? Relatively stable? Less stable than when the white apartheid folks were in power. What about the entire former east block in europe? The world is not getting more stable. In fact, it seems to be getting less stable as time goes on.

A big chunk of the instability is due to massive power shifts in recent years, of course. The disintegration of the Soviet Empire, the rise of the US to the sole world power, the march of democracy and free market systems, etc. But you can't guarantee that the world will be more stable X generations from now. If anything, recent history indicates the opposite will happen.

either that or we'll all be wiped out by nuclear war or some sort of biological weapon.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The march of democracy? Where did you see that? :) Semi-democracy maybe....

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:52 am
Felix Rex

yea, well, compared to totalitarian regimes and semi-communism, it's now democracy. :P And certainly the economic system is free market now.

Not that you know what you're talking about , living in an unstable eastern european nation. :P

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe...I only look like an inhabitant of an Eastern European nation. :P Which gets me in enough trouble as it is.

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:11 pm
Minor Diety

I think the world is more stable. There will never be another inter-european war. Russia is adopting capitalism.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:41 pm
Minor Diety

There will never be another inter-european war.

Mm, that's a very bold claim..things can change very quickly. And the reminders of the WW's are quickly forgotten, too. I agree that the chance of this is relatively small, but I don't think it's anywhere near safe to say that there will never be another inter-european war.

And Russia...well, Russia is a facist state of lately. Their 'capitalism' consists of a controlled market rather than a free one...controlled by Putin, that is. We tend to embrace Putin in the west because he's so important/powerful, but Russia is definitely not anything resembling a democracy. It's the same for China and its leadership.

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:53 pm
Minor Diety

And Russia...well, Russia is a facist state of lately. Their 'capitalism' consists of a controlled market rather than a free one.

A bit like Berlusconi and Italy.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:00 pm
Minor Diety

lol. Nah man, Italy and Berlusconi are completely facist. Russia at least is still pretending not to be. ;) jk

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:01 pm
Minor Diety

Berlusconi is on an idiocy par with Bush.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Felix Rex

Bush is actually a genius that does a really good job at pretending to be stupid. You watch, in two years he'll be crown prince of the western hemisphere.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe, yeah sure, and I'm a patriot. :roll: :wink:

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2