It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
ethics and morality: a discussion 
Felix Rex

ok.....they should fry that shit up and put it in a bun.

That doesn't affect my stance on abortion. Just because it looks mildly humanoid doesn't mean it has any rights. Hell, I support postnatal abortion. I think anyone with a substandard IQ or major genetic disfunctional should be pruned from the genetic line. Kill em or make it so they can't reproduce...natural selection is woefully lacking in our race.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Although I think that is going a bit far, your dirty pictures didn't change my opinion either 11B. It's rather easy propaganda. I don't have any pictures here of babies dying a few days or weeks after their birth because they were born with an open back, but I doubt posting those here would be very ethical. :wink:

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:08 am
Minor Diety

as i already said somewhere ont eh forum, we complain of overpopulation and running out of space to both live AND grow food... and yet abortion and euthanasia is still regarded a bit taboo. Sure, lets give birth to the kids that no one wants! Slam them in an orphanage, let them have some crappy childhood. Or give birth to the kids whose parents can't afford to feed them. Yay for starvation!

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

For those of you who believe open-heart surgery still should be a persons's right and is ok:

:roll: :wink: Showing shocking pics doesn't make anything necessarily evil man...almost every surgery is scary to see.

But why exactly is it that you are against abortion? I assume it's based on your religious views, right?

- Coach

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am
King

My views on abortion has nothing to do with the church. Its my own personal moral view of the subject. A person having heart surgery is having heart surgery because he has a heart problem. A person having an abortion is more than likely doing it because its an inconvienance to the mother. I seriously dont understand how you can look at those pictures of dead humans sucked out by a vaccum and say "Yea I think its ok and a women should have a right to choose to do that". Its just beyond me. Im surprised any of you even hold any valueover human life at all. I mean if its ok to kill babies then is should be ok to kill certain parts of the population right? And Im sure some of you think thats ok to, but what about when your the one they choose to kill because your an inconvienance to society?

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

1. Kill something that, although human-like in form, we (as yet) have no signs that it lives and/or thinks (don't forget its only allowed in very, VERY early stages) because mum can't afford to look after it/doesn't want to keep it

2. Give birth to child, have very little money, live in some craphole of a flat with no toys for the kid and barely enough to feed it. Kid is thin, bored and doesn't get to go out and have fun

3. Give birth to child. Mum doesn't want it. Kid grows up in orphanage/with foster parents. Found out is adopted. Either finds mum and happy ending or finds mum and she says sod off/never finds mum.

Now to me, I'd rather end someones suffering before it starts. That's value of life. Of course it depends on the situation as to whether abortion should be allowed or not, but if the kid is gonna end up suffering whilst its alive, and until it is proved that they feel/think from the moment of conception, how is that having less value of human life?

You wouldn't do it to a pet. As soon as a pet is seen to be 'suffering' in some way, then you put it to sleep. To end the suffering. But a human... no. Because its 'one of us' we have to keep it alive. Why? Not because we value it's life more. Because we don't want to be accused of murder. We don't want to be responsible for it. Coz no matter what, someone will say it was wrong and will have a go. But so few people are going to have a go at you for ending a pets pain. In fact most will either ignore it or say you did the right thing.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4