It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Side Note On Terrorism: Inter "playing the game" 
Minor Diety

Post Side Note On Terrorism: Inter "playing the game"
Italian serie A football club Inter has called off its preseason tour of England claiming that it doesnt want to interfere with the work of emergency services.

Only one of its four games would have been played in London.

Understandibly English fans are pissed and so are the clubs. They wasnt to appeal to the UEFA and sue Inter for damages.

You might think at first this may be a wise decision by Inter, but it isnt. Its caused all this trouble but more importantly, Inter have given in to terrorism.

And so there arise 2 discussions. Firstly, the discussion to refuse to become intimidated by terrosism whtever the circumstances (what Inter have failed to do) do you agree? Do you think that terrorism should be ignored and you shouyld go about your life normally. I think so.

And secondly, theres the discussion about mixing sport with politics. This makes me fucking angry. Inter are idiots for making this decision mainly for this reason. Leave politics out of sport. Infact, leave sport alone entirely.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:10 pm
Minor Diety

wasn't there something similar to this with cricket a year or 2 back? The old England vs... whoever i can't remember :P but didnt england not want to go over coz of a war or bombing or something going on? Forgive the lack of memory :P

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Yeh pretty much the same thing. I think it was Zimbabwe. The difference is that in Zimbabwe, Mugabe targets the cricketers on purpose.

Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:36 am
Minor Diety

Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:38 am
Minor Diety

I wanna target Mugabe with a hydrogen bomb.
And all Italian football clubs, they're boring anyway.

Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:03 pm
Minor Diety

How dare you!

Italian football is the masterpiece of football itself. Where else do you see such excuisite mix of flair and indominable defence?

Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:30 pm
Minor Diety

In Germany I'm afraid. Defending an making schwalbes, that's the only thing they're good at.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:48 am
Marquis

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]