It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Star Wars EP3 
King

Satis wrote:
Darth sidious is a badass. I find it a bit disconcerting that he killed 3 jedi masters in the first 15 seconds of a saber battle.

exactly my problem, it was like 'STAB' jedi down, lameass slash, jedi down, bah..

rinox wrote:
And Anakin turns awfully fast to the dark side...zero willpower that dude. he had power, a hot gf, (apparently) one of the most badass jedi as his master and the ability to be a hero for owning sidious and saving the galaxy. Like wtf? Suddenly he suffers from some ridiculous father complex and starts kissing Sidious' ass. What a sponge. Darth Vader seriously lost in respect afaic

like i said in the movie thread, it was just to rushed. read the book people, at least it goes into the whole thing properly.

Yea, sidious took down those other 2 jedi because they where unprepared. I mean he is the dark lord of the sith so hes likes #1 best dark jedi. Its like fighting yoda.

And anakin does turn fast but thats has the dark side works. What I saw in the movie during his turn and what I gathered was happening was once he started down that path he just keep going deeper and deeper, something that you wont really notice. It might not have shown it but in a couple of scene but he was twisting futher and further down the dark side within himself without nessarlly having to do anything. Like that one scene, after he kills the seperatist leaders, and hes standing outside watching the lava, hes like getting off to the dark side. Just twisting deeper and deeper into it. It starts when Palatine tells him about the dark side can save Padme. Have you ever been angry, and you get more angry because your angry? Thats what happened to him.

Fri May 27, 2005 5:49 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I can't say I had the angry-angry-angry thing you describe (I'm a fairly mellow sort, regardless of my fights with kids with Down syndrome, cfr. other thread); but I guess you're right about him being on the path to the darkside all along since he killed those sand people. Ah well.

However, I don't get some other stuff...like Darth Vader vs. Luke: you say that if Luke won and killed DV he would have gone to the darkside and become Palpatine's new homie. But how the fuck are they supposed to fight the sith of killing them leads to the dark side? :o

- Coach

Fri May 27, 2005 6:49 am
King

However, I don't get some other stuff...like Darth Vader vs. Luke: you say that if Luke won and killed DV he would have gone to the darkside and become Palpatine's new homie. But how the fuck are they supposed to fight the sith of killing them leads to the dark side? :o

Please restate your question.

Fri May 27, 2005 10:10 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

I think he's asking about the contradictions of killing Vader will cause you to go to the darkside, but not killing vader would be leaving sith alive and not cleansing the galaxy of evil ness.

IMO, Luke killing Vader wasn't a bad thing.

What was a bad thing is that the only way that Luke had the power actually defeat Vader was to tap into his anger (The dark side). If he had used the dark side to kill Vader, he would have fallen. Not to mention the whole 'killing your father' thing. The emperor probably could've used a combination of hte two to totally convert Luke over.

On the other hand, if he didn't fight, the sith won by default.

So he found a third option and came out on top.

Of course, Luke is destined to fall to the dark side anyway, at least for a little while. :)

Fri May 27, 2005 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How so? Because he fancied Leah? :twisted:

And yes, that's what I meant. Did I put the question that badly? Except for the 'of' typo everything seemed comprehensible. :)

And myeah, the Jedi....always remain a mystery to me. An organization with the values of the Jedi would get seriously pwned in no time in any universe, methinks. And I find Sidious too cerebral..I like to believe that a real kick-ass sith is a chaotic evil light sabre master. :wink:

Btw, who is ultimately more powerful anyway? I mean, in terms of skill. I know that good always wins against bad in the movie; but if it would be that easy (light side stronger than dark side) there would be no movies.

Thus the dark side is stronger...but has a nature to go to excesses and blow up/consume themselves? Darth Maul nearly killed both Quin-Gon (or something) and Obi-Wan, Dooku was incredibly strong in Episode II, and Sidious kills three jedi masters in the blink of an eye and keeps on par (beats) Yoda. All this implies that the dark side is stronger; so the moral of the story is that those with morality always beat those without?

Seems to me that Lucas always shrouds the sith in mystery. In both the movies and the games I hear stories about the sith doing all sorts of kick-ass stuff (animate the dead, apparently, build death star, activate star forge etc.) but you never really get the inside of it. Maybe in the books BJ mentioned, dunno. :)

Other questions: the sith lord who supposedly could animate the dead that palpatine talks about, was that his sith master? And can anyone give me more background on General Grievous?

- Coach

Fri May 27, 2005 11:20 am
Felix Rex

yea, my guess is Sidious's master was the animator.

Anyway...imo, the Sith will never win (at least not for long) due to their nature. They kill each other for power, whereas the light jedi work together. Sith will cooperate until a localized threat is taken care of, then fall into bickering/assassination.

However, the dark side is all about power and death and destruction. The light side is more focused on helping/healing/shielding kinda stuff. So, imo, if you take a dark side master and a light side master of equal force ability, the dark side will always come out on top in a battle.

Just my opinion, though.

Fri May 27, 2005 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

mm, k, thanks. That's basically what I figured, so it's cool that at least one of you SW freaks kinda acknowledges it.

- Coach

Fri May 27, 2005 12:39 pm
King

I think he's asking about the contradictions of killing Vader will cause you to go to the darkside, but not killing vader would be leaving sith alive and not cleansing the galaxy of evil ness.

IMO, Luke killing Vader wasn't a bad thing.

What was a bad thing is that the only way that Luke had the power actually defeat Vader was to tap into his anger (The dark side). If he had used the dark side to kill Vader, he would have fallen. Not to mention the whole 'killing your father' thing. The emperor probably could've used a combination of hte two to totally convert Luke over.

On the other hand, if he didn't fight, the sith won by default.

So he found a third option and came out on top.

Of course, Luke is destined to fall to the dark side anyway, at least for a little while. :)

I still dont follow what rinox was asking?

Following up on your comments Satis, for the emperor and the sith in reguards to Vader and Luke, it was a win win situation and the 2 most obivous outcomes, the 2 which the emperor had forseen. #1 luke kills vader, #2 Vader kills luke, each outcome benifiting the sith. But, if you listened to yoda at the end of the Empire Strikes back "unclear is the future". The unknown happened and Vader kills the emp.

And I disagree with Satis, the dark side will not win verus the light because the dark side has a flaw, they are very over confident which gives the cool headed light jedi and chance at finding a flaw or weakness in his enemy, Darth Maul for instance was very over confindent and underestimated obiwans abilites as did the emperor underestimate the good in Vader and Lukes powers.

Fri May 27, 2005 1:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I was just pointing out the paradox of Luke's situation with regard to DV:

if Luke killed Vader this would lead him to the dark side, but if he doesn't kill Vader he can't stop him. So if Vader doesn't get all mushy there's really no way the jedi could beat the sith.

Dooku, for one, wouldn't have hesitated to take advantage of the situation had anakin let him live. (unlike Darth 'Crybaby' Vader) :wink:

Btw, a mate of mine told me that in the old movies it's mentioned that the force is even stronger in Leia than in Luke? True or false? In that case, Leia would be even hotter.

- Coach

Fri May 27, 2005 2:55 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
yeah, big shame. dooku for me was a very wasted character. though that could be down to chrietopher lee's uber coolness :wink: still no.1 in the all time most onscreen swordfights list apparently. not bad for a 78 year old.

on the light vs sith argument, the emp himself says that your lukes rage had made him powerful. Rage, emotions, etc is the key to greater power. so in other words, jedi = whoopass, a jedi without the usual restraint = even MORE whoopass.

Mon May 30, 2005 1:40 pm
Minor Diety

Allright....i'm getting KOTOR II tomorrow so I'm there to pwn seriously.

- Coach

Tue May 31, 2005 4:52 am
Felix Rex

heh, I'm playing KOTOR II now. I'm kinda pissed at it...maybe be a couple days before I go back.

May I say that some of the issues (most, all) with KOTOR I are still there.

Tue May 31, 2005 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
at least you moaning bitchs get to play it post-patch, you should have seen the goddam mess that was kotor2 before. :roll:

Tue May 31, 2005 7:08 am
King

if Luke killed Vader this would lead him to the dark side, but if he doesn't kill Vader he can't stop him. So if Vader doesn't get all mushy there's really no way the jedi could beat the sith.

Worry as yoda claimed "There is another" Leia. Leia was the next hope. In the expanded universe Han and Leia marry and have children who are very strong in the force and are trained by Luke.

I heard a interesting theory about Anakin. For those of you who remeber EP1, Anakin's mom said there was no father. Anakin was just born. If you remeber in EP3 when the emperor is talking to Anakin during that show, and tells him of the sith legend of darth Plagas. How darth plagas could control and manipulate the metacloridins (spelling, things that make up the force). There is a theory that Darth Plagus used Anakins mom as a host and created Anakin from metacloridins.

Another instersting theory

Quote:
I've read some posts about the plot of KOTOR 3. They talk about how Qui-gon Jinn was infected by that dark side energy from KOTOR 1&2 and becomes Darth Plaugus. Since Plaugus has the power to create life, he created Anakin. He wanted Anakin to be a kind of force battery. He could then tap into Anakin's dark side power. Anakin was to be the first of an army of these batteries.

His apprentis, Darth Sideous killed him but Plaugus was able to use the force to come back from the grave. Yoda found him and used the force to change Plaugus back into Qui-gon Jinn by wipping his memory and had Count Dooku reteach him to be a jedi. Qui-gon, being lead by the force finds Anakin on Tatooine and insists on training him. But he has no idea why he really wants him trained except to fulfull the prophasy.

This explains a few things in ROTS. When Anakin turns to the dark side after chopping off Mace's hand, Palpatine used Anakin's dark side energy to kill Mace. Palpatine yells, "unlimited power" at this point because the dark side energy from Anakin.

Finally, since Plaugus had the power to come back from the dead, this is why Qui-gon could communicate with Yoda at the end of the movie.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.p ... o=&fpart=1

Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

interesting ideas...but what's this crap about KOTOR? KOTOR is supposed to have occured 1000 years before ep 1. How the hell can Qui Gonn be affected by the dark energy from KOTOR?

Anyway, an interesting idea as far as the battery is concerned. Personally, I'd be happy with an army of clones to do all my work while I sit at home doing what I feel like. I wouldn't need an army. Say, 2-3 to go to work and make me money, another 1-2 to do housework and whatever other menial tasks I want.

Tue May 31, 2005 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next