It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Star Wars EP3 
Minor Diety

Hehe, yeah. Though I must say I liked his views better than those of the other jedi...less pansy, more distrust. No wonder he's closer to the dark side. :)

As for vader....the fact that he isn't really a sith at heart probably has to do with it. Even in this movie he's already pretty taken in by Sidious as a sort of father figure. And judging by the movies, sidious doesn't seem to be a wuss either. (although strangely enough, he seems stronger in the later movies when he's a lot older. Beats me.)

- Coach

Sun May 22, 2005 3:20 pm
Marquis

yeah, the master / apprentice thing..what IS strange is that vader was apprentice for 20+ years (or however long it is) and obviously never challenged siddious. rather a long time you would think.

i've a feeling it is because he was never truely a sith, nor was he ever truly a jedi either, kinda just a funny mix of both

and windu did kick ass with his lightsaber :)

[EDIT] bah! damn ox and his 3 minute before mine reply...anyway i don't think sidious is much more powerful when he's older. I reckon his lightsaber skillz as an old man would be wack, they weren't great anyway. But he's had ages to really learn how to control the dark side of the force, so as he gets older his lightening gets better :D [EDIT]

Sun May 22, 2005 3:23 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
true enough, as it keeps getting referred to in the films there was still good in him, and his fall to due to fear of padame dying, etc.. (oh the irony..). the fact that he never mastered his emotions was the entire reason though. very sith like idd.

age doesn't really affect jedi as such, when it battle and 'in the force' so to speak the years drop away and it still leaves you whoop ass, which is why dooku, yoda and siddious where still so tough. also as it was termed 'knowledge' of the force the theory of age = better force powers i think that that theory on siddious holds up.

we are such sci-fi geeks :wink:

Sun May 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Minor Diety

we are such sci-fi geeks :wink:

You guys sure are :P

~King of Thieves~

Mon May 23, 2005 12:31 am
Emperor

Mon May 23, 2005 5:15 am
Marquis

i wouod complain but it's so true, meh at least i'm not as bad as my housemate...

Mon May 23, 2005 12:33 pm
King

]windu is master of vaapad, supposedly the strongest saber technique which actually draws on the dark side. i think he's meant to be pretty whoop ass, even if he is damn boring

Apparently there has only been one other that mastered that technique and she was corrupted. She was his apprentice and just about beat him in combat (Windu's about 50 something). Part of it is where he comes from, a whole planet of force users. :oops: I'm getting really embarressed about how much I know.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon May 23, 2005 3:20 pm
Felix Rex

I saw it. It rocked. Now (whenever I get time) I can finally read this thread.

Wed May 25, 2005 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
King

Why both to watch it first? Hopefully I will see it this weekend. Me and my mates are having a Star Wars night.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Thu May 26, 2005 4:28 am
King

Why both to watch it first? Hopefully I will see it this weekend. Me and my mates are having a Star Wars night.

Is that when you dress up like star wars character and have anal?

Thu May 26, 2005 7:38 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

lol, I'm glad I didn't read this thread. Hunka buncha spoilers.

Dude, that movie rocked. There was some lameness as always (but even the episodes 4, 5 and 6 had some of that), but the vast majority of the movie was just purely awesome.

Darth sidious is a badass. I find it a bit disconcerting that he killed 3 jedi masters in the first 15 seconds of a saber battle. The fact he was powerful enough to defeat yoda also blows my mind. And I'm sorry to see that the hot twilek jedi got blasted. Great freakin' movie. I may have to see it again sometime, when the crowds have reduced.

Thu May 26, 2005 10:29 am
Profile WWW
King

lol, I'm glad I didn't read this thread. Hunka buncha spoilers.

Dude, that movie rocked. There was some lameness as always (but even the episodes 4, 5 and 6 had some of that), but the vast majority of the movie was just purely awesome.

Darth sidious is a badass. I find it a bit disconcerting that he killed 3 jedi masters in the first 15 seconds of a saber battle. The fact he was powerful enough to defeat yoda also blows my mind. And I'm sorry to see that the hot twilek jedi got blasted. Great freakin' movie. I may have to see it again sometime, when the crowds have reduced.

Sidious a badass indeed but he didnt "beat" yoda. It was a tie.

What so awesome about sidious is he is a mastermind. Everything he planned had at least 2 or 3 different alternate plans. Not only did he control the droid army and the serperatis but he took control of the repuplic army. Dooko and Anikin fight, no matter who wins or losses he gains a stronger apprentice, same thing with Vader and Luke, they fight and either he gains a luke or a more powerful Vader.

Thu May 26, 2005 10:57 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

well, yoda was forced to retreat and was de-sabered. That, to me, is a loss. But bleh, he didn't die. Still, I'm excited.

Btw, there are the possibilities of a prequel to episode 1. :)

http://www.cinematical.com/2005/05/25/l ... s-prequel/

Thu May 26, 2005 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I didn't think Sidious was ALL that, he got pwned by the obligatory black guy...it's almost the same as if Jar Jar Binks opening up a can of whoopass on him. :roll:

And as cool as the movie was, I have second thoughts (because I'm just a partypooper yes). Like the turning of the clone army on the jedi. If the jedi were really that great, they should have sensed it about the clone troops. And if the clones weren't aware of the order before, at least some of them would have thought twice before blasting the crap out of every jedi they see, I would think.

And Anakin turns awfully fast to the dark side...zero willpower that dude. he had power, a hot gf, (apparently) one of the most badass jedi as his master and the ability to be a hero for owning sidious and saving the galaxy. Like wtf? Suddenly he suffers from some ridiculous father complex and starts kissing Sidious' ass. What a sponge. Darth Vader seriously lost in respect afaic

No wonder I play dark side, the jedi are complete dorks. And yes, the twilek was hot. In as far as blue women with huge worms on their head can be hot.

- Coach

Thu May 26, 2005 2:37 pm
Emperor

Darth sidious is a badass. I find it a bit disconcerting that he killed 3 jedi masters in the first 15 seconds of a saber battle.

exactly my problem, it was like 'STAB' jedi down, lameass slash, jedi down, bah..

rinox wrote:
And Anakin turns awfully fast to the dark side...zero willpower that dude. he had power, a hot gf, (apparently) one of the most badass jedi as his master and the ability to be a hero for owning sidious and saving the galaxy. Like wtf? Suddenly he suffers from some ridiculous father complex and starts kissing Sidious' ass. What a sponge. Darth Vader seriously lost in respect afaic

like i said in the movie thread, it was just to rushed. read the book people, at least it goes into the whole thing properly.

Thu May 26, 2005 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next