It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Just passing time 
Felix Rex

I had this theory once that there were huge clouds of hydrogen which slowly congregated together due to their gravitational attraction to one another. Eventually (over billions of years) the size/weight of these accumulations of hydrogen became big enough that massive quantities of heat was being generated. In fact, eventually the heat generated by the gravitational attraction was so much that two hydrogen atoms fused to create a helium atom. This caused a major increase in free energy in the system which then resulted in a chain-reaction of hydrogen fusion....

Sat May 14, 2005 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Erh...the only possible answer I can give to that is: poo!

I'm trying to write something useful about the 2nd law of thermodynamics, well not really, about entropy in lterature and blablabla. It sucks.

- Coach

Sat May 14, 2005 1:10 pm
Minor Diety

Meh i thought entropy was related to the 3th law of Newton.

Oh and with 2 hydrogens you can't form a helium
Like for the sun you get: 4 H --> He + a lot of other stuff

So much for trashing your idea :P

~King of Thieves~

Sat May 14, 2005 2:43 pm
Minor Diety

Stop with the smartness! And I know you weren't being nasty, you just ARE nasty ;) Nah, anyway, I wasn't being nasty either, i was just under the understanding that insulting each other was somekinda un-written-now-written law on this forum.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat May 14, 2005 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis

I'm trying to write something useful about the 2nd law of thermodynamics, well not really, about entropy in lterature and blablabla. It sucks.

hah 2nd law sux0rz, first learnt it last year, really quite annoying

Sat May 14, 2005 7:15 pm
Minor Diety

Yup, Satis definately knows more than me on this stuff.

Sun May 15, 2005 5:47 am
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:

hah 2nd law sux0rz, first learnt it last year, really quite annoying

Myeah, I spend days in a row here trying to point out signs of entropy in the work of Dick, like humanity devolving into mechanized beings/things, or just in general a degenerating world (both physically and mentally). Stumbled unto something I hadn't noticed before which is pretty cool (the fact that Dick is caught between a postmodernist acceptance and a modernist, humanist struggle to counter it), but it SUCKS to be having to write pages full of this crap about.

Anyway, now I'm on the ranting road: I didn't really want to write my thesis already, would liked to have ordered and read a few more books first, but because of my laziness coupled with my finances I didn't have the chance. And since the deadline is the 27th of May and I don't have ANYTHING to do between now and then, no classes or papers, I figured I could just as well try and make something of it right now. It probably won't be the best I can do, but I'm just looking for a pass anyways. And if I don't get one I'll have this relatively large piece of work to build on/draw from to correct it in summer.

Either way, I'm looking at the easiest summer in ages. The irony is that this probably will be the only summer where it wouldn't matter anyway, as I'll most probably be out looking for a job.

Sigh. I almost wished I hadn't drank as much and studied more. Almost. :P

- Coach

Sun May 15, 2005 5:32 pm
Marquis

well i start my exams tomorrow, they last for 2 weeks and are going to be uber difficult

i have stress analysis and materials tomorow to ease me in gently and then dynamics and vibrations on tuesday, so they'll both be great fun :?

makes me wish i did more revision, although i've been revising since easter and i'm so bored of it, can't wait til a week on thursday cause i'm gonna get hilariously drunk

Sun May 15, 2005 5:40 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, notice how all our student careers revolve around beer? Priorities, I say! 8-)

Anyways, good luck with your exams....sounds fun. :? Maybe you could smuggle J in in your underpants, as a master of science he should pretty much pwn the exams. (on the other hand, as a near master of english literature I should theoritically pwn English and literature, and I don't pwn either :twisted: )

- Coach

Sun May 15, 2005 5:48 pm
Minor Diety

Aye, i agree on the "not pwning" part (for both of us)

~King of Thieves~

Mon May 16, 2005 1:32 am
Minor Diety

Seeing as the topic's sprung to school, ive got 5 assignments and 1 exam in for the following 3 weeks.

Mon May 16, 2005 4:54 am
Felix Rex

just so everyone knows, I took college algebra last semester (yay me), took the final a week ago, got an A in the class. yay. Taking speech and technical writing during the summer (tentatively). I think I'm gonna try to take classes a bit faster and a bit more on topic.

Mon May 16, 2005 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

good stuff Sat. Are you doing these classes for vocational reasons, or jus for the hell of it?

Mon May 16, 2005 10:30 am
Minor Diety

I think he's a closet intellectual in Texas. But shhh, he doesn't want to get arrested for denying God created the world. :wink:

Good thing on the classes tho...keep up the humanist spirit.

- Coach

Mon May 16, 2005 11:14 am
Minor Diety

lol, very much so. Im considering shaking off my prejudice on Texans.

Tue May 17, 2005 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next