It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
more movies 
Felix Rex

Post more movies
this doesn't really fit under 'top five movies', so I thought a new topic was in order.

Anyway, a new Batman is under production. Or something. Christian Bale is playing Batman, which he was pretty cool in Equilibrium in my opinion.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman ... /trailer4/

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe...I liked the batman movies with De Vito and Nicholson, but the others were pretty sucky. :( Let's hope this one's better. Very cool that Bale will play it tho, he rocked in American Psycho. Great movie that, too.

- Coach

Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:08 am
Minor Diety

I god damn loved equilibrium. Bale was 1337 in that.

The film itself showed signs of cheese, but the concept was as credible as it earned merit.

Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:01 pm
Minor Diety

Yes, that movie was quite good, although some things should have had more thought put in it.
I'm no fan of Batman though.

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:03 pm
Marquis

equilibrium was sweet, american pshyco made me laugh way more than it was supposed to
bale is cool though

the new batman should be good, it's old school batman, your find out home he became batman etc.

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:46 am
Felix Rex

I'm hoping they pick up more of the dark Batman streak. Not that I'm a fan of the comics or anything, but I've read one or two graphic novels where Batman is just a badass that causes much death and destruction, not the sanitized kind epitomized in the first movie.

Kind of like Xmen...the first movie, imo, sucked, mainly because of the child-like sanitization. How man people died in that movie? One? The second, however, eased up and the death toll was significant. :)

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis

and i think this batman is going to be a bit darker than the previous ones...

Sun May 01, 2005 5:41 am
Minor Diety

However much they want to mature it, at the end of the day, its still Batman.

Sun May 01, 2005 6:12 am
Minor Diety

Just watched "Kung Fu Hustle". Very fun movie, sort of slapstick Kung Fu. Recommended for everyone with a sense of humour and a knack for martial arts movies.

Thu May 05, 2005 12:28 pm
King

I dont know of this equilbrim your talking about but what about American Pycho, that shizzle was the hizzle.

Thu May 05, 2005 2:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I saw the newest Star Wars movie tonight, and I must say that I liked it -as a non-SW-fanatic.

Now everything has been tied up. The light-sabre fights were cool, I never knew Obi-Wan was such a badass, he used to be all old and weak in the old movies. The CGi was awesome too...and nathalie portman is a hottie.

I liked the character of general grievous too...cool dude. Was he an organic being beneath his armor, or a droid?

Some very obvious political messages in there too, heh. And after seeing this movie it makes me want to be even more of a Sith...looks my my Kotor character was a true Sith...but more evil. Like I would have answered to a senate, hah!

bad points: overacting, and the usual pansy jediness. Everything leads to the dark side, jesus. "I'm making a quick stop at the toilet master" "beware padawan, mexican food leads to the dark side" :roll:

And the obligatory "nooooooo!" was a bit dorky :D

So, overall, good fun. 7.5-8. Oh, and R2 ROCKS. This again confirmed my trust in droids for when I take up kotor 2. :)

- Coach

Thu May 19, 2005 5:17 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

some points though...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxspoilersxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dooku does out far to cheaply inmho, up to this point he was actually my favourite evil bastard, style, charisma, etc. it really felt like they rushed that bit. (the sabre fight where idd cool though)

come to think of it the whole film felt rushed. i know they had a lot of loose ends to tie up but i would have preferred an extra half hour to do it all properly.

when mace windu and the 3 other jedi go to face siddious, the 3 'no names' go down like a sack of crap, in like the first exchanges. now i know that lucas is trying to put accross how baddass siddious is but wtf???? again, rushed.

as you said, the acting was shit at times, i was kinda hard trying not to laugh and anakins lame ass dialogue, some hard core vader fans are gonna be very pissed that he's such an idiot under the mask :roll:

grievous was indeed an alien/droid hybrid.

oh, and like you said, where do i sign up for the dark side? :wink:

blah...as i said good film but not perfect

Thu May 19, 2005 11:25 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe....yeah, those jedi went down pretty goddamn fast against sidious. Not strange if he's really that badass, but the fact that Windu then on his own onwz him is a bit strange then yeah. If you can kill three jedi effortlessly with a master hanging around, you should be able to take out one sole master, methinks.

As for it being rushed...maybe. I do think that some scenes could have been made longer or more useful. Prolly shortened and will be released in SE.

The light sabre fights...I caught myself thinking 'i hope it's not over too soon" every time. So yeah, they were cool. :twisted:

Dooku: can somebody explain plz...so, in episode one palpatine trains darth maul, right? Then in II he corrupts Dooku, who's powerful, bit old. Then in three he uses Dooku as a pawn to get to Anakin? Did Dooku know he was going to be "sacrificed" to turn Anakin? or was he shocked?

- Coach

Fri May 20, 2005 7:19 am
King

Please finish your discussion in a real thread.

http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1250

Fri May 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Director: Tony Scott
Starring: Denzel Washington.

Pretty average stuff.

There nothing very special about this film. It has some nice artistic cinematic scenes and concepts, but eventually over-uses them.

The girl is portrayed with irrelevant and unnecessary cuteseyness and intelligence. It ends up being irrelevant to the story and challenges the morality of the main characters motives.

Walkens role has little significance. His expertise is therefore wasted on a poorly functional supporting character with no real meaning or importance.

The relationship between the married couple is cold from the start. As a result, there is no shock or surpise when at the end the father is revealed.

The length of time spent on developing the relationship between the bodyguard and the girl is far too great for the lack of final reward. It ends clumsily and with little significance.

The progression of the story in the second half relies on the revealing of clues and leads and information for the bodyguard to follow. These are over assumed and there is a great sense of short-cutting in the plot to shave off running time.

Generally, all of the actors except for Denzel have been misallocated and misused.

Good points:

The Mexican canvas is used fairly well.
Denzel is convincing.

Sun May 29, 2005 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next