It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Top Five Favorite Movies 
Minor Diety

I only heard that Spielberg would make it today, i looked on imdb and it only says the the Baywatch movie is planned for 2006. SO not much other news.

But how on earth can he expect to be making a good movie. Baywatch is about running girls with bouncing boobs (and muscled guys if you want) and that's about it. They only need to make up things to make them run and get wet (in the water). Maybe it's some bet he's taken (or lost) but i can't imagine he was clear in his head when he decided this.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:07 am
Minor Diety

Regarding the baywatch movie, consider this quote by david hasselhof:

"eyond its entertainment value, Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."

David Hasselhoff

lol. There was also a fun Bush one on the site that I hadn't heard before myself:

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

George W Bush, Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

Anyhoo, I watched the trailer for Scanner that you posted before again J, this time on high-res. Looked goddamn awesome. I hope the movie will bring over the eery, fascinating atmosphere of the book, and by this trailer it looks promising. Plus it's the first movie that stuck closely to the original book, even Bladerunner made quite a few detours. :)

- Coach

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:01 pm
King

scifi novel by Orson Scott Card, about a kid who leads mankind to victory against an alien menace, blah blah. It's an interesting commentary on society and morality, despite what it may sound like.

Linky to book synopsis

Can't wait for that & RotS. HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY IS COMING OUT AS WELL! Apart from, knowing the film industry it will be CRAP! Still its better than the TV series.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:53 pm
Minor Diety

Went to see Team America yesterday. It had its moments, but not hilarious overall. What I liked best is that they poke fun at positively everyone: muslim terrorists, Michael Moore, the US, the UN, Hans Blix, North Korea (with a starring role for Kim Jung-Il), a whole host of actors but especially Alec Baldwin...too much to name reallly, just everyone. Which makes a nice change from right- or left-biased stuff.

Some ppl might not see the irony tho...in the opening scene Team America lands in paris to stop 4 terrorists from planting a bomb, and in the process they destroy the eiffel tower, the arc de triomphe and the Louvre. At which they get into their plane yell "don't worry everyone, you're safe! We killed the terrorists!" Cue a shot of 10-20 parisians standing there with their mouth wide open in the shambles of their city. lol.

And don't get me started in the Film Actor's Guild, aka F.A.G. :)

If you've got money to spare and want to see a strange mix of pee-poo-humor and political statements, this one's for you.

- Coach

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:15 pm
Minor Diety

Saw it some time ago, not all of it but most parts, I didn't have much time so I fast forwarded some parts. But I liked it, espescially because of the things Rinox mentioned, everybody is getting a piss. Normally with this kind of humor it's either very rightist (making me think: "Yeah fuck off"), or most often very leftish (making me think: "Yeah fuck off"). I loved the F.A.G. too.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8