It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Schiavo case 

What should we do with the vegetable?
Kill her quickly (lethal injection, .45 piece of lead to the back of the head, etc) 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
Kill her slowly (remove her feeding tube and let her starve to death over 3 weeks) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Let her live (because we're bleeding heart liberals who prefer that people be forced to suffer for 15-30 years) 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Schiavo case 
King

When in doubt, never force a fart, you might shit yourself.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

point taken. Or, if you fart and you think it felt a bit wet, always check in a private place. Never where people can watch you.

Anyway, I think the husband's position in all this is irrelevant. I give a shit about him...if he's living with another woman and still married, his ass should be sued, children taken away, whatever. However, it's wrong (imo) to keep a brain dead sack of meat alive.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I agree with you 11b that the timing is very dubious. But again, that's not the point. Always consider what's best for the victim. I don't see any benefit for terry schiavo if you prolonge her life. They should have put her out of her misery 10 years ago or so btw.

I'm really annoyed by all the bullshit i hear from republican/christian fanatic side. Like Jeb Bush, he suddenly says there's 'new information about her situation', she's not in a real vegetable state. I find that hard to believe, after 15 years they suddenly see 'ow look we were wrong'. I dunno how it's in America, but before doctors form an opinion they do a LOT of tests, in this case they observe the patient for months before they call her a vegetable. I don't swallow that 'change in condition' so easily.
And these protesters outside, an example: "If we pray 24/7 on her bed, she will wake up in like 2 years" :roll:
And there was this guy, his son was dying at home, but he preferred to be at the schiavo "circus" (as i prefer to call it). If i would live in the neighbourhood i would go over them and kick him home. His family is in need for him and he goes protesting for some strangers, who's private lifes are absolutely no business to him.

But as Satis says, the husbands situation is of absolutely no relevance.

I also think the double morality is strange: when it comes to creating life, christian fanatics are very much opposed to artificial techniques (like stem cell research). But when it comes down to keeping people alive in an artificial way (with tubes and pumps) it's suddenly a-oké? Weird imo.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:00 am
Minor Diety

yup. whatever you think about the womans actual condition, a reason to keep her alive should be based solely on if she is likely to get better/feeling pain.

no way ANYONE should be kept alive because 'the husband wants his new woman so do it to piss him off'. its not like having the vegetable wife alive is gonna stop him shacking up with the other woman, he can still do pretty much what he likes with her except marry so its hardly revenge and using someones potential misery to get back at him is certainly not a good reason.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hey, quit killing off christians bitched.

I say she should be let go, simply because she's been like it for 15 years or so now, It's not likely at all that she is going to get better. But the point in this topic is that we are all impartial to the person, we don't know them or their family.

Euthanasia is just one of these things that we will go on and on trying to discuss and figure out.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:43 am
Profile WWW
King

Does she want to die? HE claims she made a living will. Which means all she did was say to him one day "Bob, if im on life support 1 day, pull the plug".
Which also means this, in court, is hearsay and not admisable. Because noone really knows what she said. She could have said "Bob, if im on life support, dont pull the plug".

I mean its obvious he wants her to die so he can freely live with the other women.

I mean its like if my wife got in a car wreck today, and was a vegstable. and the next day I went and moved in with another women. Then told the hosptial, "yea she said she wanted to die"
Its bs.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

"Wherever there is doubt, there is no doubt...Thats the first thing they teach you".

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:10 pm
Minor Diety

Again 11b, the husband can marry his dog for all i care. The question you have to ask is: "What can Terry Schiavo gain by keeping her in her vegetative state?" Now answer that, i'm inclined to say "nothing".

~King of Thieves~

Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:55 pm
Minor Diety

Who knows, maybe he has some secret deals with the mafia that if she is alive he won't be shot.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

The bottom line is: she's never going to recover, so it's no use keeping her alive. Science can keep her alive for this long now, in the hope that everything wille improve someday, and in ten years they will eb able to keep her alive even longer, and then what? Nothing. Just tons of ppl in half-life lying on beds. I can understand her parents' feelings but they should realize that there is no chance of improvement.

As for the husband: it's 15 years since she got into this condition, so I don't see how he's being immoral by remarrying or anything. I think anybody who really loves their partner wouldn't want them to deny all life's goodness for the rest of their lives after they go into permanent coma.

I laughed heartily after hearing Bush speak about 'erring on the side of life' etc. I bet he was doing the same while signing death penalties in Texas, or sending young ppl into their grave for crap all. :roll:

On a sidenote: I didn't even know she went into coma because of the long-term effects of Bulimia. That's scary. I better stop barfing after dinner then. :P Heh, but seriously: eating disorders are becoming the bane of the western world. It's sick and scary how many girls or women (and boys and men) suffer from them, messing up their youth or even lives. Something has to be done, but because it's all hush-hush it's freaking hard. So much for the morality hour with Uncle Rinox.

- Coach

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:28 pm
Minor Diety

Anyone seen the footage of the crowds of (Christian) fanatics standing outside of where Schiavo is (was?) staying? Man, that was awesome. The cops had to arrest ppl who tried to break and enter the building to bring her a glass (! wtf is she going to do with that) of water.

Then her brother, who's been trying to keep her fed for weeks, came outside and calmly asked them not to provoke the police, at which some very nerd looking guy yelled in his face something along the lines of

"they can't stop us from making a good deed and bring her water to save her life, keeping ppl alive is good!" and "we must help Terri!!"

And man, they were yelling that shit with hostility towards her brother. Who, again, is trying to keep her fed. I so would have planted a fist in that protester's face if I was him, yelling to me about my own sister who he doesn't know except from TV.

Anyway...it went on. He had to go back inside because some protesters went even more cuckoo: some woman was screaming and pointing hysterically "he's the one!! He's the one killing her!!". I.e., the brother.

It was gloriously funny in all it's stupidity and surrealness, but it's also scary to think that this sort of ppl can walk around freely. Don't they have some anti-moron laws or something? :P They were so blinded by their idiocy that they even forgot that the brother was at their side. But he just wasn't completely bonkers.

- Coach

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:22 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe yeah i saw that too. That last woman really reacted as if she had discovered the devil in own person in TS's brother. And that all without using drugs (probably), that's what worries me the most :P .

~King of Thieves~

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:25 pm
Felix Rex

which proves that drugs should be legalized in florida. Especially depressants.

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next