It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Schiavo case 

What should we do with the vegetable?
Kill her quickly (lethal injection, .45 piece of lead to the back of the head, etc) 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
Kill her slowly (remove her feeding tube and let her starve to death over 3 weeks) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Let her live (because we're bleeding heart liberals who prefer that people be forced to suffer for 15-30 years) 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Schiavo case 
Minor Diety

A .45 piece? Isnt that a little too messy? Surely a 9mm would suffice?

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:29 am
Minor Diety

Oh btw, the "starving to death" is a bit exaggerated, since her 'higher' brain functions are pretty sure to be out, she can't feel any pain. And they can (will?) add painkillers just in case, so she won't suffer.

Just to inform you guys that it's not such a horrible fate as you would think by hearing the term 'an sich'. :D

~King of Thieves~

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 am
Felix Rex

lol...in her case, actually, a .22 would probably be plenty...just stick it behind an ear, pull the trigger, and a tiny piece of metal bounces around in her brain for a few seconds.

As for starvation...well, I never said it was horribly painful gnawing pain starvation, but it is starvation.

As to what she feels...what does a vegetable feel? Nothing? The brain can't be totally dead, otherwise her body wouldn't function. So what's left? Lizard brain? Animal brain? And what part of the brain understands hunger? I guarantee it's a primal part, not the higher brain functions. She may not be able to express it, but I bet she still feels starvation at some level. :)

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

.22, even better. Im sure theres nothing smaller thats considred lethal....Except a Gauss Rifle!!! :D

Ah i love that game so much.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:24 am
Minor Diety

From what i've heard on this discussion program about it, it was a medical certainty that she wouldn't feel the hunger at all. But i'd rather get an injection of course, since a vegetable can't talk it can't tell you exactly what it feels, so you can only be pretty certain.
In her state only her brain stem (or core) or something works btw. Since i'm not a neurosurgeon i can't tell what it controls, she shouldn't feel hunger though.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:06 pm
Knight

You all are just horrible. Basically her husband didn’t say anything that she didn’t want to be kept alive for the 1st 7yrs. He only started saying this after he got the money from the insurance company and he also sued the doctor stating that he never told his wife she could have a heart attack from the eating disorder she had I guess she threw up one to many times. Also he’s remarried by common law and has a new family I’m sure he’s just doing this to clear his on conscious. How can you pull her feeding tub she can breathe and her heart beats on it’s own. Her family will take care of her why does he care if she dies or not. And the mostly important point it’s not in writing.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:16 pm
Profile YIM
Minor Diety

hey we're not horrible. its not like we're saying kill her, the bed is needed. my reasoning is totally behind HER not suffering. Ok her family will suffer, of course they will, but they must be suffering while she's alive to see her in that state. But of course this is why Euthanasia is illegal in most countries. Even if someone signs when they are in good health to say "i want to be killed if i get x bad", once they are that bad, do you know whether they still want it? Do you know it wont become curable? But at the same time do you know just how much pain and suffering they are going through? And do you know if they WERE that bad, or was it just one of these 'cowboy' doctors (Harold Shipman for example) that just killed them off because of either pure evil or incompetance.

i guess our problem is that 'its human'. if this exact situation was with a dog or a cat, 99% of the population would immediately say "put it out of its misery, poor little thing" and have done with it, but because this is 'one of us', we can't bring ourselves to do it/think about doing it.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You're right Pevil, in such cases people should consider what's best for the patient. And i can't imagine that someone wants to 'live' like a vegetable.
I still find it extremely selfish from her brother and parents that they want to keep her alive. What gain is there for the patient? Do you honestly think she's happy that way? I don't care about the situation from her husband, for all i care he marries with his dog. It's all irrelevant, and just used to put pressure on the general opinion, the real question is "what would be best for the woman".

Btw in such conditions, they can tell in half a year if there will ever be a chance that a person will 'wake up' again (I'm not even going into HOW one would be if she would wake up). So you can forget that she will ever be able to have a decent life.
There was more about it on a tv-show here, but i missed a lot of it.
I think in Belgium they let people go in such cases after half a year, although there was a family that didn't want that, so another patient that's suffering needlessly. If i ever get in that position (holds on wood) they better put me out of my misery fast.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:38 am
Minor Diety

Saw on the TV today, the judge decided that the feeding tube would NOT be removed.

What a load of bull. Ah well, i dont give a shit its only 1 person, there are more important things to think about other than primitive minded fanatical religious retards.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:15 am
Minor Diety

Well in that case you watched other (or outdated) news, since afaik the judge concluded she didn't have to be put on the machines again. And that verdict got confirmed by another judge (parents went 'into appeal' or how do you say that?).

~King of Thieves~

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:19 am
Minor Diety

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:22 am
Knight

isn't there a better way to kill her? How do we know she doesn't know what going on? Seriously I'm glad i'm not the person that has to make that choice. And living in florida We've herd about this case for many years.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:33 pm
Profile YIM
Felix Rex

I think a bullet to the back of the head is alot more humanitarian then starving her ass. Hell, I'd rather drownd then starve to death.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
King

Actually, its the bleeding heart liberals "american version" that want her to die.

I say let her live. You know why? Because her husband is living with a another women. Has been for like 5 years now. Thats just not right. He just wants her to die so he can get remarried.

Now, if the husband was still being faithful to his wife and not living with another women, then I would trust his decision more.

And whats the rush to hurry up and remove it?Is there like a deadline the husband is trying to reach? She's not in any pain. Shes not suffering.

When in doubt, choice life.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:21 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next