It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
13 conundrums of modern science. 
Felix Rex

hehe...well, I think we're not currently investing enough money. Far too much cash goes into other bullshit that should go into the space program.

How much money have we (the US) poured into Iraq and Afghanistan? How about foreign aid to Israel and Korea and Mexico. How much money have we stuck into the missile defense shield? How about the NSA, or 'carnivore/echelon/whatever'? Or into maintaining our old-ass shuttle fleet.

I say we bring our military home, stop giving money to other countries, and concentrate on improving our own country. That and build up our space program. Maybe invade Canada and Mexico for a little more lebensraum. :D

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Have you been reading 'Protectionism for Dummies' again? ;) jk

I don't think anyone even knows why the feck the US is in Afghanistan and Iraq anymore, it's just become a matter of principle. :roll: The military in general is out of proportion in the US. I see the need for a strong army, but not this much money. To quote the Dilated Peoples:

'If more than half the budget goes to military spending/then less than half goes to whatever it's defending'

And yup, shuttle needs to be modernized too...the funny thing is that the old-ass designs still seem to work properly for Russia, just because they're 'one-shot' machines, as opposed to the reusable shuttle.

Down with space travel! ;)

- Coach

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:06 am
Minor Diety

The emphasis in such a military policy as opposed to a scientific spending is implemented by the president but unlimately dependant on the electorate.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:34 am
Minor Diety

Not really....I don't think most ppl (anywhere) even know why they're voting. They just do. So it's political establishment that makes the calls, and revolutions/gradual legislation reforms that change courses.

The ppl/electorate will gladly join into psycho causes if you give them enough reasons, or make them think there are anyway. Cfr. nazi's.

- Coach

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2