It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Schiavo case 

What should we do with the vegetable?
Kill her quickly (lethal injection, .45 piece of lead to the back of the head, etc) 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
Kill her slowly (remove her feeding tube and let her starve to death over 3 weeks) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Let her live (because we're bleeding heart liberals who prefer that people be forced to suffer for 15-30 years) 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Schiavo case 
Minor Diety

Post Schiavo case
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/18/s ... n-damaged/

What's everyone's take on this?

Personally I think that she should be allowed to die, not matter what her parents want. Of course, it's their daughter and I understand that they can't let go, but I truly believe that this is the better thing to do. Nobody really profits by her being alive and vegetative for 15 years.

I'm pretty sure that the judge that has to decide over the case now (after the bill was passed) will allow her to die, but still.

- Coach

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:35 am
Felix Rex

she's a lump of human flesh with the intelligence of a potato. I say let her die.

On a less callous note, I wouldn't want to be subjected to life without the ability to even think. If I were brain damaged and became stupid, I still don't think I'd want to live.

On the other hand, starving/dehydrating her ass to death for 4 weeks seems a bit odd. Can't they just pump her ass full of morphine and call it a day?

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, good call. Didn't even think of that. So now the choice is between slowly starving to death or 'living' on. Poor woman. :/

I take it euthanasia is illegal if they're letting her die like that rather than giving her an overdose?

- Coach

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:51 am
Felix Rex

yea, euthanasia is 'murder' or whatever. Stupid Christian morality. Much better to just starve her to a 'natural' death. But yea, I suppose 'unplugging' her is about the only way they can legally assist her expiration. Any active participation would be murder.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, that's extreme suckage. Not that it's so much better around here; it's legal but it's still a very vague area as to what 'murder' is and what not. So you don't want to be the one giving the lethal shot, basically. :)

Working in a old folk's home has earned me a lot of 'kill me' requests, heh. i'm not talking plants even, just old ppl who suffer from this or that disease/condition. Not really the most uplifting place to be. :roll:

Anyway, I hope for the woman that she dies quickly. I don't see why so many ppl have moral problems with it either...if you're Christian you believe in a life after death, so you'd think that it's a party rather than a drama. But by that logic all Christians would have to commit mass suicide, lol. Bring on the Kool-aid!

- Coach

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:59 am
Minor Diety

Yeah i don't get it either, must be some (for me) irrational thing like no condoms or something. That 'thing' that's in a bed for what 15 years or so isn't human anymore. It's machines that keep her alive. Just let her die peacefully (so rather give her an injection than let her starve).
It's hard to let someone you love go, but i think her parents are selfish.

And don't get me started on politicians who think they need to interfere with that guy's private life. As if they care for that woman.
Aargh and the protesters. Don't they have something more important (or valuable) to do?

~King of Thieves~

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 am
Minor Diety

I'd say that im 85% sure that in these cases, the victims (strange application of the word) should be better off dead.

I would NOT want my parents and friends to worry about me if i become a vegetable. Even if they want me to live, it is my intention that if i ever end up like that and have no hope in getting normal that my life should be ended prematurely. This would be for the good of the family and myself.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:31 am
Minor Diety

Typical American bullshit. But I don't doubt she'll live on, congress is going to pass just enough laws to get the case to surpreme court, wich is full of Republicans anyway.
I wouldn't want to live on like a plant myself, but even worse is the media circus around it. Cristian-fundamentalist motherfuckers who claim to know how other people should handle their life, I'm rather allergic to that.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Felix Rex

I hope that, if I become a plant, I'm a plant that knows how to use guns and can shoot at Christians.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

just one thing no one has mentioned yet thats for the euthanasia... its gonna be a hell of a lot easier to get over losing her than it is if they spend another 15 years 'knowing' her (if you can call that knowing her)

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

Worst part about eating vegetables is getting them out of the wheel chair.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

Should have a poll on this to make it more interesting.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:52 am
Minor Diety

ooh ooh and then send the results in and tell them to obey or satis will come round there with his gun! and pigs lovely thighs shall be kept away from them. That'll teach em...

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next