It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The Eternal City 
Minor Diety

Hehe...watch your wallet, tower over the midget Italians and have fun! ;)

- Coach

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:35 am
Minor Diety

Okay all done. Back home with nothing more but a Lazio scarf and a sense of satisfaction.

Rome was amazing, the match was good too.

The first day, i went to the stadium so that i would find it easily later on when i would have to make my way down there.

Then we went to the Piazza del Popolo. Which i think is the second best piazza in Rome. After that, piazza di Spagna which i ate lunch and went back to the P del Popolo to take a picture of the amazing arch there.

Then i made my way to the the Villa Borghese. Very nice park-type area with a museum, lake and pretty little monuments.

After that, i went to see the football match. It was great, it finished 1-1 against Inter. Lazio had a player sent off, Inter had a goal dissallowed and smashed a shot against the crossbar. It was amazing to see such phenominal players up close and personal. Veron impressed me much because he had such an awareness on the ball and such ability to pass it and get into space.

Day 2, we went to Piazza san Pietro in the Vatican and the Basilica di san Pietro. Although, i didnt see the pope i order to attempt an Ox style assassination. Beautiful place.

Passed by piazza di venezia and the palace there (fascist or no, it was pretty).

Day 3, the mighty collosseo that was being slightly restored at the time. That was great, i had to stay there a while to picture a bit what it would have loooked like in the old days. I loved it.

Then of course opposite wwas the ancient arch of constantine.

After that, i hit the forums. Wow, it was amazing and totally not what i expected. It was an ancient market place that had been pillaged time and time again by invaders so it was mostly in ruin, but it was amazing because they had managed to keep such a huge area of ancient land with all these roman pillars open for you to walk through.

After that, we walked to another fascist palace and piazza beofre comeing to the Pantheon. Again, amazing piece of ancient work. Too bad it was convrted christian.

Thenb, the famous fontana di trevi. A beutiful thing that you cant see anywhere else on this planet. Then finally finsihing at the Castle of san angelo that at its time was a Roman barracks.

Food was great and sleeping was perfect. The bus and train services are a nightmare, my advice - do not rely on them. Instead use the underground and taxies. Both of which are cheap. It takes a little gettig used to when tryiung to understand the locals, but youll soon pick it up.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:31 am
Minor Diety

Good to see you had a nice trip... pictures?

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:51 am
Minor Diety

Yeh, ill slap some piccies on this thread any day soon.

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:42 am
Minor Diety

Glad you had a good time man. :) Did you feed the stray cats on the forums? hehe. You should have stayed in Rome for another week man, Milan-San Remo finishes on the Via Roma tomorrow.

And you should have visited pompei...I'm so gonna try and find those pics of the Etna btw. Stay tuned for those.

- Coach

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:30 am
Minor Diety

I didnt feed any cats, but i did kinda get freaked out when i saw like 10+ of them lazing around (as if guarding) one of the sub-ground level forums. That was freaky.

I would have loved to stay more also because there was this market festival event type thing that was going to happen i think next week.

Whats this San Remo thing?

Im going to Italy with my brother in the Summer and i will definatly try and get my ass to Pompeii. Is it North or South of ROme?

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:43 am
Minor Diety

Blasphemer! Milan-San Remo is one of the most famous cycling races in history!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Minisit ... o-sanremo/

As for Pompei...well, it's a bit Sotuh of Napoli in the bay of Napels, hehe. So it's actually fecking far away. But still worth the trip, I say. And if you're there you can pay a visit to the Vesuvius too. Iirc it was with the Vesuvius that I stayed in a small hotel relatively close to the volcano. It was grand: miles and miles of nothing but molten magma with the road carved out of it, and in that lonely field a small hotel. I bet the cash they make from their location make up for the utter destruction every 50 years. :roll:

Some Pompei pics

http://www.vacanzeturismo.com/pompei.html
http://tripsurvey.com/steve/italy/big/pompei-7.jpg
http://www.yoruno.it/images/varie/speci ... mpania.htm

It's 1337 pwn

- Coach

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:09 am
Minor Diety

Damn it Ox, stop it with the damn photos. I cant afford to go on one holiday after another! :)

Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:17 am
Minor Diety

Hehe...Mr. Myagi will teach you in the ways of the patient turtle then. :wink:

- Coach

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:00 am
Minor Diety

Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2