It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The Eternal City 
Minor Diety

Post The Eternal City
133tz0rz.

Sorry getting excited about my easter holiday. Gonna go to Rome for 3 days with a friend! Mainly to see his team Lazio play against Inter, but i couldnt give a shit about that, i just want to see Rome iteslf! Its gonna be great, i leave on the 11th.

Any of you ever been?

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:07 am
Minor Diety

Been there for a week with school and for a day with my parents.
Great city, beats Paris by a huge margin for example.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:21 am
Felix Rex

ooh, I've never been to Rome. I'd love to see it. So many places I haven't been yet. You guys need to hurry up and make me wildly rich.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've been there for a few days...it was ok, save for the Italians. :) hehe. It's a strange city...hordes of greasy-haired midgets chasing blonde girls from up north, and girls parading up and down the streets just for the heck of it.

Of course i didn't go for the city but more for the historical shiznitz. Neat stuff...one of the best things was the building of a closed nuns order, strangely enough. Rome being the freaking busy city it is (with ppl driving next, past, up, under and into each other...with the accompanying cursing) it was an oasis of quietness, being built on one of the hills. I spent a good hour relaxing in the courtplace of the building.

Other than that the Colloseum ruled, or the huge churches. Marvels of mankind...I also made a sidetrip to Vatican City btw. haha. I saw the Pope! I was literally 2 meters close (eat that 11b ;) jk)...for some reason he made a small Tour on a golfcart on vatican square, exactly on that day. Easter or summit. The silly thing was: if I had brought a gun, or even a crude missile weapon, I could have easily killed him. I mean, nobody checked me for weaponry and the dude was riding around completely unprotected, really close to me like I said. Pope= bad security :P

There's prolly a lot of other stuff that I forgot. Not everything was done very sober. Maybe I can scan in a few of my pics. Including the pope one. :) Long time ago tho.

I know it's not anywhere near but if you have the chance, visit Pompei...that was AWESOME. And stay clear from freaking Napoli. :P Ooh, I also saw rats the size of medium-sized dogs in Rome, in the Tiber. RAT OWNAGE!

EDIT: oh yeah, Rome infinitely owns Paris, but that's just cos I hate a lot of things about Paris. Just a few about Rome. ;)

- Coach

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:57 am
Minor Diety

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:49 am
Minor Diety

Well, I fucking hate whole France, so saying Rome beats Paris was maybe a little too easy from me.
The churches in Rome are great, espescially the Jezuit (sp) ones. Try to visit the Il Gesu church, it has a little scene built in the wall with a fountain, and if you toss in a coin the scene moves and you hear wack music, Catholics are so childish sometimes. ;)
Also nice is the San Clemente church, from a historical point of view that is, it's three churches built on top of each other (like so many other churches), but the two below are excavated and you can visit them.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:52 am
Minor Diety

I think the pope-mobile is bullet proof.

hah! The bastard wasn't in his fancy pope-mobile! Check it out, this was how close I was. I'm telling you, if I wanted to i could have nailed him right there and then! :roll: The other pic was on Vatican Square, filler cos it'd be a waste to scan for just the pope pic :P I like the whole "man in suit alone dead in the middle" thing. I'll scan in more stuff later. And sorry about the quality, it was all disposable camera, plus had to tune down the scan quality a bit for size issues.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:46 pm
Minor Diety

He he. Looks awfully slim for the pope. I always thought he was a fat bastard.

Probably a stunt double.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:25 am
Minor Diety

Bastard! Acknowledge my assassination chances! :P

Here's some more pics...you'll have to zoom in to have any enjoyment of them I suppose, but bleh. Give them a peek, and remember, all disposable camera stuff so don't expect masterpieces. :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:59 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:10 pm
Minor Diety

Last one, the obligatory leaning tower of Pisa and a view from above of the Roman ruins in the heart of the city. Which are swarmed by wild cats, hehe. make sure you take along some catfood if you go there Derf. ;)

I should have other cool shots around but can't find them atm...including some with mount Etna, and possbily the Vesuvius. Around there we walked inside some sort of dripping cave behind the guide's back, but it was so goddamn hot in there that we walked out right again...I also had a pretty damn hot drip of water fall on my head that freaked me out and which smelt suspiciously of sulphur. :P If I'm bald before i'm 30 you know what the reason is.

Hope I can find them.

- Coach

Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:15 pm
Minor Diety

Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:20 am
Minor Diety

Great photos. Although, i dont want to look at them for too long (dont want to spoil the visit).

Ok. Almost ready (kinda). Ive got all the maps i need, ive booked the flights, all i need to do is find accommodation and match tickets and ill be able to go Friday.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:52 am
Minor Diety

Just find a youth hostel somewhere, cheap as and plenty of space at this time of the year. I'm sure you can order tickets at the game itself, but i'd doublecheck that to be sure. I hope your friend isn't black or Jewish btw. :) In that case I sense a fasco hooligan beating coming up, Lazio-style. :roll:

The 'SS' in combination with the eagle is still very suspicious. :P

Arathorn wrote:
That last pic... Villa D'Este?

Yuppa...awesome place. :)

- Coach

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:51 pm
Minor Diety

Okay, ive booked a hostel and im leaving in 10 mins.

Lol, no hes not black or jewish. Wish me luck that i dont get stabbed!

A presto!

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next