It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Age of consent 
Duke

Post Age of consent
In the US, the age of consent is generally 18 years. Many states lower the age to 16, but have lots of laws that indirectly moderate. For example, Washington's age of consent is 16, but you can still be prosecuted for "Communicating With a Minor For Immoral Purposes", which is only vague defined as anything immoral.

What's the age/stipulations over in europe?

Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

Texas it's 16, though there may be a stipulation that it's only 16 if there's up to a 10 year age different...so, if you're 27 you can only hump 18 year olds and older, though at 26 a 16 year old is still ok. That, however, may not be anything more than unsubstantiated rumor.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Don't know that really. I believe the bar is 16, although to 15 year olds having sex with each other is legal too I think.

But I don't think anybody over here really cares.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:04 pm
Minor Diety

Europe - Sixteen. (well, UK) Funny, I could go fuck as many women as I wanted how I wanted, but I can't watch it till i'm 18.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The age of consent is 16 here (Belgium), 14 if their partner isn't more than 5 years older. And two ppl below 16 can have sex as much as they like, obviously.

@immoral: that's some serious sux0r way of making laws, heh. I hope they make that into something more 'solid'...for some ppl giving your own 6-yr old daughter a peck on the lips could be 'immoral'.

Btw, apparently there are different ages of consent for sodomy in many countries too...wtf is up with that? Like it makes any difference how old you are for which hole you pick. (to put it bluntly)

Why the sudden interest Pig? Ardent issue in Washington?

- Coach

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:37 pm
Minor Diety

Sex below the Age of 16 here is completely illegal.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
lol, wtf is up with your title? :twisted:

yeah, its a rape charge now.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:21 am
Minor Diety

I think you messed the 14-16 a bit up Ox. As far as i know sex below 16 is illegal here as well:
"Als een van de betrokkenen 15 of jonger is, veronderstelt de rechter altijd dwang, ook al heeft de minderjarige ingestemd. De wet gaat ervan uit dat iemand die nog geen 16 is, niet rijp genoeg is om te oordelen of hij of zij seksuele omgang wil. Vanaf 16 jaar hebben jongeren seksueel zelfbeschikkingsrecht."

So the 5 years will aply to the 16-18 category, still minors but they can have sex if the age difference isn't too big.

Hope this doesn't get you into serieus troubles :P

~King of Thieves~

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:47 am
Minor Diety

Bah, i dont know the exact age. Anything under 16 is a bad idea.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:21 am
Duke

Naw, just curious. Europe is much more relaxed about sex and nudity that the US. I wanted to know how they compared on legislation. Ox, the only thing keeping that law from being completely abused is the public outcry that would occur if it were used to loosely.

Regarding sodomy, it's illegal in many states here though that law is mostly used to discriminate against homosexuals.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:18 pm
Felix Rex

Texas has an anti-sodomy law on the books. Only time recently it was enforced was when some cops busted down a door and caught two homosexuals going at it. Apparently, they busted down the wrong door by mistake, but still charged the two based on anti-sodomy laws. Last I heard, the case was thrown out as an invasion of privacy or something, and the anti-sodomy law was basically made worthless.

Anti-sodomy laws aren't really enforceable. All it takes is a lawyer and getting the ACLU involved and the law will fail.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

Not exactly. The ACLU is helping, but is nowhere near a sure thing. They also use these laws for things like denying adoptions, foster care and even taking children away from their parents. That kind of shit is still going on. It depends a lot on where you live. Most of the southern states are more intolerant. Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, etc. Sometimes the ACLU comes through, sometimes they don't. Satis would no know more about Texas than I, but the last I heard although indivduals cases were being won against discrimination, little progress has been made in changing the law themselves.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

Btw, without wanting to specifically bash the US (I wouldn't dare, hehe), I think it's very sad that a modern Western country still has freaking laws against homosexuals. Even if they're not specifically designed for them but just for backdoor entrance. :roll:

J wrote:
I think you messed the 14-16 a bit up Ox. As far as i know sex below 16 is illegal here as well. Hope this doesn't get you into serious troubles :P

lol. You're right tho, I checked the Belgian law things too (http://just.fgov.be/index_nl.htm) and it said the same. Sorry bout that @ both you and Pig. After a bit of reading: it seems that they were thinking of lowering it to 14 but decided against it in last-minute. I guess it was wishful thinking. :P lol, jk. But I'm not against it, in that respect that 14-yr olds (especially girls) are pretty much bodily mature. But I wouldn't let them mess around with 18-19yr olds. Up to 17, sure. But if you're 18-19 and having sex with a 14-yr old you're a very sad character. :P

- Coach

Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:18 am
Felix Rex

Anyway...err...you may be right, Pig. That's what my uneducated self got out of news in Texas, but I could be wrong. Texas certainly isn't the most foward-looking state. Homosexual marriage is still illegal (duh). Until that becomes legalized, there's definetely anti-homosexual discrimination against homosexuals. That is unlikely to happen any time soon without a massive liberal drive...most people in Texas are pretty conservative. To me, that's typically a good thing...conservative = less laws and more freedom, generally. Most states that are being run by liberals have turned into beaurocratic nightmares where you can go to jail for shooting someone that broke into your own house *shudder*. Bleh...screwed up world we live in. What we need is a nice war.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next