It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
and the results are in.. 
King

lol.

anywhay, i have finished exams for now until summer.

(temporary) FREEDOM!

Coursework?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:35 am
Minor Diety

Don't know if i can speak for derf, but at uni we didn't have much coursework. Sometimes make a lab-report, that's about it. Sure you were supposed to do stuff like preparing your lab-work, but it's much more exciting if you come unprepared. :P

~King of Thieves~

Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:44 am
Minor Diety

Aight, so i got my grades for the first semestre and i pretty much 0wned! :twisted: (well, let's say i passed :roll: )

Narratology (obligatory): 10/20
Modernist Literature (obligatory): 10/20
Time-perception in Dutch: 13/20
Bible and literature: 15/20
Regionalism: the American south: 13/20
Literary deception: 13/20
Cultural Antropology: 16/20

Obey your master...MASTER!! :D

- Coach

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:06 pm
Minor Diety

did...did ox actually pass something first time?! ;)

Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

LOL, shut it you! :P It might not always show (read: never), and my laziness kinda handicaps me (like a blind man in a shooting gallery), but i posses a SUPER-DEVELOPED MYSTERY OVERLORD BRAIN!!!! :twisted: (read: has incredible luck and sleeps with tutors)

- Coach

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:05 pm
Felix Rex

http://www.tol.oulu.fi/~giulio/gallery/Tutors.JPG

And which one did you sleep with? The one in the kilt?

Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, they're not, but just as well could have been. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:24 am
Minor Diety

Aight, I decided to dig up this year-old topic to inform you all on the new ownage put down by your great master. I.e., me. I got my grades back for the first semester; passed every course and eveything. All on 20 with 10 being a pass. (you're allowed three points under 10 overall, like one 7 or three 9's, you get the point)

->Bilingualism (social linguistic studies): 13/20
->Dutch literary history of the 20th century part I: 11/20
->Madness and Civilization in literature & film: 10/20
->Works in progress: Modernist poetics: 13/20
->Poetics of the historical avant-garde: 15/20
->Contemporary (post)-feminist crime fiction: 13/20

Yay me for smoking the papers! I gotta write a book on maximal result with minimum input or something. :P I worked for a whole three hellish weeks in the whole semester but it paid off. What's next, working every week? bastards. :/ I need time to play games and get drunk. (and money too)

Aaanyhooo...I've got 4 classes this semester, with monday and wednesday off and a skippable class on tuesday. So basically I have weekends of 5 days and weeks of 2. :P Oh, and I also gotta write a thesis by the end of May or summit. I'm thinking of moving that to the summer. I get nauseous thinking of typing more than 10 pages. :P

To conclude:

WORSHIP ME!

- Coach

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:48 pm
King

Must...destroy...Rinox's...power... :rifle:

On the other hand I'm waiting for my results on the 11th of March. Post then

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:07 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
nice one ox, well done. thought you'd been a bit quiet lately. :D

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:05 am
Minor Diety

Yeh, nice one. My results should come in about a month or so.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:32 am
Minor Diety

Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, thanks dudes and dudettes...hope the other students out here fare as well as I. In any case, it's looking like I'm graduating this year...I can't imagine flunking out on the 4 classes left, so w00t.

Maybe I'll study something else; dunno. Usually the master-af-master things are pretty low on classes, so it'd make an ideal addition to working somewhere parttime. I could go and do a work-vacation in some anglo-saxon country (get green card for a year to work and run rampant through a country), but I'm not overly interested in travelling. We'll see. Maybe I'll just live off wellfare instead, hehe.

- Coach

Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:27 pm
Minor Diety

HAH! I own supreme!! Looks like they went with my insane theorems instead of thinking them to be gibberish (which is cool of them to do) and gave me a whopping 15/20! Not bad for 1.5 week's work, w00t. It also means that, depending on my exam results of this semester (I'll know those on Friday) I have a chance of graduating with a distinction. :twisted: :twisted: How they call it again in English tho, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a 'distinction'.

The defense was pretty relax, even if it took me a while to get my spoken English going. Came down to it that they were impressed by my command of Dick's work, and that my theories (mostly not based on any secondary literature) ran parallel with some academic literary criticism. lolol. I knew I was brilliant, but hitting the mother lode owns.

Bad points were the sloppily written English (both because I suck and because I didn't have the time to revise it), the crappy style in general and my rather loose use of the words 'modernism', 'postmodernism' etc. But well, I knew all that already. One of my papers for this semester is titled 'Ik heb lak aan stijl', which more or less equals with 'fuck style' (it's about literary translation), so they knew what they were up against. :wink:

One downside: because of abovementioned sloppiness they asked me to correct my thesis (with their remarks) because they found they couldn't give a 15 in the current state of things. No matter, it'll only be another day or two. No biggie.

Now you may all bow for me....lol. A goddamn 15, who'd have thought, I certainly hadn't. :twisted:

Anyhoo...I probably shouldn't be making too much of a fuss, for all I know I flunked out on all my courses. :roll: one of those courses is by my promotor, and when I told him (off the record after the defense) that my paper for that course contained equally insane theories his response just was: 'I wouldn't have expected otherwise'. It remains to be seen if that's a good thing, but I guess it says something about what they think of me. :? hehe

- Coach

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:04 am
Minor Diety

Lol, does this say much about you or the Belgian education system? :)
Congratulations anyway.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next