It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 4:23 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 103  Next
Funny stuff 
Minor Diety

Hehe...of course they're not, I don't mark uni papers and i'm the smartest guy on the planet. :P ;) I have the opposite problem of you man; since I usually don' thave much substantial to say I make long and winded descreptions and repeat everything a hundred times to get to a decent amount of pages. :roll:

I'll keep everyone posted on my-no doubt crappy-grades. Should be a long time till i get them however.

- Coach

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:26 am
Minor Diety

THat rock thing was class. I reckon the should have ended it with him punching someone in the face.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:14 am
Minor Diety

Germanic languages, more specific literature, more specific Dutch and English literature. :) I bet you wouldn't say. Hehe.

- Coach

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:46 am
Minor Diety

Of all the things to study, languages? I mean I supose in the case of people who's cultural language isn't primarily enlgish, it helps say if you wanted to get a job over here, but I know, I've spoken to you, you are very fluent in english.

However, Did you get like that because of this course?

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You can earn alot of money knowing 2 languages. You can work decently enough just translating instruction manuals freelance (which is what my uncle does).

Btw, its always a good thing to know 2 languages in general because other people who dont are like "wow! thats amazing!". Its nice to be told that :)

I have to agree on the good english that Ox types. 95% of the time its virtually ideal and perfectly understandable English.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:54 pm
Minor Diety

Lol, i think that's enough Ox praise for one life time, he'll get to big headed. But he's better at typing than I am.

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

heh...i'm already big-headed, don't worry. If my head swells any more it'll implode and create a black hole that will swallow the rest of the universe whole. As for learning languages...I firmly believe that a different language is a different view on the world, and thus valuable to learn. Every language has a specific way of building sentences, different proverbs/expressions and even different ways of numbering things. (some languages have a 'dual' number, and only use the plural for groups greater than 2, for example) To give a small and common example on how language reflects world-views: eskimoes have a crapload of different words for snow, as it is a big part of their reality. I will spare you more rant (partly because this is the funny stuff thread :P hehe ) but languages are fun, they are root of why we have developed so far ahead of other animals. Socially, but also cerebral. We think in language. One of my more moronic hobbies when i'm bored is attempting to think outside of language (or "the box"), something I've never achieved. Erh, enough of this. :P

As for my English: it was ok before I started the course, but I suppose it did improve it somewhat in terms of vocabulary etc. But I think that spending time on the net, 'talking' to native speakers and watching movies/listening to music helped and helps a lot more than anything else. Just look at Arathorn and J; they're not native speakers either, study(-ied) something completely different than English and master it very well too. So you could say I wasted my studies yeah. :) Tnx for the compliments in any case, but I'll only be fluent once I live in an English-speaking environment, something that might never happen. But whatever.

Decaf coke sucks.

- Coach

Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:09 pm
Minor Diety

I wonder If we were to talk in person, if i could understand you easily?

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Unless you use a very dialectic form of english, i'm sure you will understand ox just fine. Or me.

Damn i should pick up my free online course japanese again, i already know about 3 words :P

*says something funny now*

~King of Thieves~

Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:04 am
Duke

Agreed, decaf coke just misses the whole point.

anyway. :mrgreen:

I wish I had the motivation to keep learning Japanese, it would be fantastic to be able to hold up a good conversation in another language. I could probably hold a very topical conversation in Jap, but that would be extremely boring. Oh well, maybe something will come up in the future and I'll start studying it again.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:45 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:49 am
Minor Diety

Unless you use a very dialectic form of english, i'm sure you will understand ox just fine. Or me.

Damn i should pick up my free online course japanese again, i already know about 3 words :P

*says something funny now*

I just meant in terms of accent, might it sound different? dunno.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

some mod wanna break this shit into another topic? Jeez. Running a thread that spans 88 pages is inexcusable.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

for the Dutch-speakers among us:

http://www.manzonderkop.be/Post/?P_ID=7379

- Coach

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:21 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 103  Next