It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
merry christmas. 
King

Merry retailermas. Merry commercializedmas.

btw....there's no reason to believe Christ (Assuming his existence) was actually born December 25th. There's as much argument for other dates. In fact, the bible refers to shephers out in the field, tending their flocks (in the middle of winter?) and farmers out in their fields (when nothing's growing). So, chances are, Christ was not born in December at all.

So....why December 25th? Well, as luck would have it, a large pagan holiday happens to fall in that area, specifically Saturnalia. It's basically a winter solstice celebration. This celebration was quite popular with the pagans around the time Christianity began to rear it's ugly head.

So....why remove a holiday and piss off alot of people who enjoy being off of work and chilling in their cribs? Just replace it with something unPagan like, say, Christ's birthday. Thus, Christmas surplanted Saturnalia and what was a pagan winter solstice ritual became an adequately devout Christian holiday.

So....let's put the pagan winter solstice back in Christmas!

Yea, Jesus was born closer to April. The reason its in Decemeber was because of the Roman's. The guy who created the calendar which we all used to day had no idea what day jesus was born on, so he put it during the winter solstice celebration that the Roman's celebrated.

The reason we exchange gifts at Christmas is not something Macy's came up with. God gave us the gift of Jesus to love and share. The 3 wise men brought jesus gifts upon his birth. And thats why we exchange gifts during christmas, to symbolize this. Santa comes from a real person called St. Nicholas. The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in Patara, a village in what is now Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to the those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

And on a side note, santa used to where green. Coca Cola made him red.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:30 am
Minor Diety

Bisshop Nicolas was/is the guy Ox was speaking about in the other topic, with the "zwarte pieten" (black guys in panties, just watch the photos again). So i don't really know where our santa comes from, i don't think we celebrate the same guy twice. This is an interesting article about the origin of santa claus though: http://users.rcn.com/tlclcms/santa.htm

And as Mole says: The original Santa Claus wore green or blue. It was not until 1861 that he appeared in a reddish-brown outfit.
And it was only in 1931 that the red outfit appeared - when Coca Cola produced a series of advertisements and wanted the red colour to tie in with their branding.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:51 am
Felix Rex

hah....that's pretty funny. Santa Clause was created by Coca Cola to sell their addicting beverages. The bastards! I want my Santa back!

heh...not that it matters. Santa is part of the modern mythos... he's evolved into what he is today. I'd like to see him wearing green, though. Or blue. Royal blue. Velvet. And lipstick. yes.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, bring back the real santa. Maybe that's why there is no santa, because coca cola made him wear a colour that didn't match his lipstick, und so he quit. Poor homosexual crossdressing santa.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yow Biatches..hope you ate as much as I did. :) I got good gifts, prolly the best I ever had in one year. 60€ (80$?) in gift certificates, the Seinfeld season 3 DVD box, the Colour of war DVD box (it's WW2 footage they touched up and couloured in, impressive stuff.), some socks, a book, some deodorant, and some other things I probably forgot. As you can see, way more than I expected and way better. I got the colour of war DVD box from my grandparents (!) who usually give socks-mittens-shawls... so you can imagine my suprise. I bet they won it with some savings action, but still, great gift.

lol@ 11b's sig...wtf is that all about man? Doesn't make any sense.

- Coach

Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:17 am
King

Yow Biatches..hope you ate as much as I did. :) I got good gifts, prolly the best I ever had in one year. 60€ (80$?) in gift certificates, the Seinfeld season 3 DVD box, the Colour of war DVD box (it's WW2 footage they touched up and couloured in, impressive stuff.), some socks, a book, some deodorant, and some other things I probably forgot. As you can see, way more than I expected and way better. I got the colour of war DVD box from my grandparents (!) who usually give socks-mittens-shawls... so you can imagine my suprise. I bet they won it with some savings action, but still, great gift.

lol@ 11b's sig...wtf is that all about man? Doesn't make any sense.

On the topic of DVD's I got the 3rd season of Family Guy and the Star Wars Trilogy box set with EP 4-6.

On the topic of my sig, what doesnt make sense? I thought it was pretty clear what the message is.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:48 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Well...apart from the pretty simplistic reference to dicators+gun control, there's also your boy, GWB, featured as a 'mass murderer' in the "mass murderers agree" slide of the .gif. I'm not a 100% sure, but it looks like him, and when I checked out the main site from where it's linked

http://www.infowars.com/index.html

I got a site with libertarian summit stuff disliking and bashing the Bush adminstration. :roll: I'm sure that's not what 11b is all about. :)

- Coach

Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:32 am
King

Look I support the Bush administration and GW himself but I wont totally rule out what www.infowars.com or www.prisonplanet.com is saying. Besides, even though Bush is in the sig, the message remains clear and powerful. I dont know why they put GW in that ad because he is a gun rights supporter.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:14 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

That's what befuddled me in it, you see. Apparently there's someone at infowars with a very weird line of thinking. :) for the record, what do you think about Schwarzenegger? I've been told he's not really held in high esteem by christian-conservative republicans (such as yourself).

- Coach

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:41 am
King

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, usual guff. I got mostly CDs and money. On the christmas thing it was probably to replace other festivals as well as Saturnalia. Nearly all ancient religions had a festival around that time of year cos of winter soltice. That's one of the theories of why Stonehenge was built and a lot of Neolithic stuff is like that. Hope you all get what you want and need though.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:31 pm
King

That's what befuddled me in it, you see. Apparently there's someone at infowars with a very weird line of thinking. :) for the record, what do you think about Schwarzenegger? I've been told he's not really held in high esteem by christian-conservative republicans (such as yourself).

Honestly, Arnold was my childhood hero. I had my walls lined with poster's of him in his movies and bodybuilding. Hes a good leader, maybe not the best politian. He has his share of skeltons in the closet. He a republican, mostly by name, not values. I mean lets face it, on one hand you had ex- California gov Gray Davis handing out drivers license to illegal immgrants and on the other hand you hand Arnold. Besides, for Californias, Arnold is like their god.

I do find it strange that Arnold said he wants to be remembered like Jesus Christ. Then again who wouldnt?

Is there a Nazi connection? I dont know. Some say Arnold might be the anti-christ. If he becomes president of the US 1 day I might beleive that.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Mmm...so, you kinda support him but with a double feeling, because of the values thing etc? gotcha. Tnx for the reply.

- Coach

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:04 am
Felix Rex

Arnold technically can't be president of the United States, since he wasn't born American (he was Austrian). Anyway....I hate holidays. :p

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next