It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Top Five Favorite Movies 
Felix Rex

lol....a retarded elf. The only good thing is he died. Probably my favorite part of the whole flick. That and the beholders were kinda cool.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I recommend everyone to go see Michael Winterbottom's movie Code 46. It rocks, even with Tim Robbins in it. :roll: hehe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/09/13/c ... view.shtml

Oh, and yet another PKD adaption coming up with a big shot hollywood name in it:

http://www.philipkdick.com/media_intro.html

- Coach

Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:05 pm
Felix Rex

oh, yuk, I hate Nicholas Cage. That movie's gonna suck. The other one looks interesting.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It is...and cage, well..Reeves as Bon Arctor isn't much better. :roll: Let's hope something good comes out nonetheless.

Small interview with director of a Scanner Darkly I found on the site as well

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5367

- Coach

Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:24 am
Minor Diety

ImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:03 pm
Felix Rex

Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Doom movie coming up, with Karl Urban as main character. (Eomer in Lotr) Either it's a cool gorefest or completely ridiculous, I hope it's funny either way. :)

- Coach

Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:51 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah i read about the Doom movie earlier, a really funny thing:

Originally, the $70 million film was supposed to be helmed by Enda McCallion. Later, he was replaced by Andrzej Bartkowiak. Screenwriter Dave Callahan claims "everyone was keen to keep the game's atmosphere", though there are some "minor" changes done to the film's concept: The monsters have nothing to do with hell, the plot is not taking place on Mars and "space marines" are not well "space marines" as their outfits are more like SWAT team members.

I mean, what does it have to do with Doom apart from the title, they got to be kidding :lol:

~King of Thieves~

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:59 am
Felix Rex

yea, I heard about that. The 'Doom' movie....not on Mars, not about an invasion from hell....wtf? Hmmm..

I think I'm going to make a movie based on Half Life 2. It'll be about a young african american woman who goes on a journey of self-discovery in 18th century Australia.

yay!

Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe. The "atmosphere of the Doom games"...I hope that doesn't mean that they're gonna make a 70$ million dollar movie that's 80% pitchblack darkness and 20% running through small hallways. :roll: All for the better I say...the game industry is already owning the movie industry, and that's the way I like it.

- Coach

Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:07 am
Felix Rex

oh, btw, that's BS. The game industry makes more than the movie industry makes from box office sales. But box office sales aren't anywhere near as big a money maker as DVD sales, and rentals, and merchandising, and shit like that. So in reality, the gaming industry is still WAY behind the movie industry in terms of overall income.

Just thought i'd share that little tidbit. :p

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, k...sorry. I can only hope that next time I make an unfounded claim there isn't some bastard like you around telling me off. :P lol. Anyway, talking about movies and games; who thinks that games will replace the movies in the long run? I mean, many games are getting close to interactive movies already. Ok, maybe 'close' isn't the word, but you know what I mean. I have yet too encounter a movie that can freak me out the way some games do, but then again I don't wear headphones watching a movie. -->Ignoring my previous overnuanced blabbering here; any opinions?

- Coach

Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:50 pm
Felix Rex

I think there will always be a place for movies. Not everyone wants to have to think or interact. Hence the popularity of television in an internet age.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Happy holidays everyone! I went to see House of Flying Daggers the other day (cant remember exactly which day). Read below if youre interested.

****SEMI-SPOILEERS****

An ok movie. 3.5 out of 5. The fighting is the best ive seen in a long time. The scenes, colours and details are brillliant. One thing thought (which i did not know prior to watching it) was that its subtitled over chinese dialogue. Definately a negative point for those that do not know Chinese. But i still liked the film.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:26 am
Minor Diety

Hehe...welcome to our world. :P Just about all movies here are subtitled, beit in cinema or on DVD/videotape. Only animated movies tend to have local voice actors, it doesn't matter much with them anyway. But there's always the original, subtitled, version running next to the one with local voice actors. :)

It's hard with Chinese (lol), but in general subtitles rock. You can learn a lot about a language watching subtitled movies, believe me. Besides, dubbed (i think that's the term) movies are horrible.

on a different note: I suppose@ Satis and ppl being not always interested in interaction. The internet is probably a very scary place too for some ppl. 'oh no, profanity! Let's switch back to the Gospel channel!'

- Coach

Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next