Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:01 am
King

Im appointing this thread the official "Stupid People Thread".

Link to story

Quote:
Anti-nuclear protester killed by waste train

STRASBOURG, France (AFP) - An anti-nuclear protester died in northeastern France after being run over by a train carrying nuclear waste from France to Germany, regional authorities said.

The 21-year-old man, who had chained himself to the railway near the city of Nancy, lost a leg after he was crushed by the train and died despite receiving emergency treatment at the scene.

The authorities said the accident happened in the early afternoon in the town of Avricourt after a group of eight people gathered near the main Paris to Strasbourg line, on which the nuclear transport train was travelling.

"After coming out of a corner at reduced speed, the train was apparently confronted with the group, which moved out of the way with the exception of one person, who was hit," a police statement said.

"Despite the arrival of the emergency services at the scene, the young man died of his injuries," the statement said.

The police did not reveal the man's identity, but said he was aged 21, was "probably" from the Meuse region in eastern France and was part of a group of activists.

Nancy state prosecutor Michel Senthille said that one of the man's legs had been cut off in the incident, contradicting an earlier statement by the regional authorities who had said that both the man's legs had been sectioned.

Earlier the train, which was carrying treated nuclear waste from the French plant at La Hague to Gorleben in northern Germany, was delayed for two hours near Nancy as police removed two protestors who had also chained themselves to the railway lines.

Senthille said that the man who died was not thought to have had links with this group.

The train, which left the retreatment plant at La Hague on Saturday evening, crossed on to German soil at 8:35 pm (1935GMT) Sunday, almost exactly 24 hours later.

It carries 12 containers of spent fuel and is the seventh such consignment to be sent back to Germany since 1996.

A member of protest group Nuclear Out, Gilbert Poirot, said about a dozen protesters had been involved, all of them French nationals.

"It appears that the demonstrators had not put in place safety measures destined to warn the convoy of their presence," he said.

The German Greens Party, which forms part of the German governing coalition, said it was stunned by the death of the demonstrator.

"We deeply regret this tragic death," a spokesman said, adding that he expected a thorough investigation be carried out into the incident.

It called on demonstrators not to risk their lives, an appeal echoed by another anti-nuclear group.

At Hitzacker, 30 kilometres (18 miles) from Gorleben, several hundred people gathered with candles and lanterns in a spontaneous tribute to the dead man.

A spokesman from French nuclear energy firm COGEMA, which manages La Hague nuclear plant said the incident was "a tragedy" and that officials organising the convoy had been "extremely shocked".

On Saturday thousands of anti-nuclear protestors had gathered in northern Germany to protest at the imminent arrival of the shipment.

After demonstrating in Danneberg market square on Saturday, protestors gathered at the railway station and also temporarily blocked the tracks to be used by the train.

From Dannenberg the consignment will be taken by road to Gorleben.

Anti-nuclear and environmental campaigners say the shipments are dangerous and that the waste will contaminate the water table at Gorleben.

Germany, which has no treatment facilities of its own, sends spent fuel rods for reprocessing at the La Hague plant before they are returned here for storage.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Okay, since this turned into the stupid people thread, check this site out: http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm :wink:

Btw this was done in 2000 as well, and had a similar look, maybe you know that one as well.

I just post this as a joke, i don't believe it, i think it's important to look further than just the IQ as well, you can prove almost anything with figures.
Like on the site: "For instance, there is a direct correlation that has been pointed out by the Boston Globe between the divorce rate per state, and who they voted for, as it turns out, the higher the percentage of people voting for Bush, the higher the divorce rate. That is very interesting considering many people voted based on 'morality'."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:10 am
Minor Diety

The most stupid thing about the protester is that there are still protests, while the German government has said they will close all nuclear plants before 2010, so the transports would stop anyway.:roll:

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:22 am
Minor Diety

LOL@ the IQ-stuff. I kinda figured, but I didn't know it'd be this clear cut. Someone (forgot who) said that the fact that Bush got most of his votes from inland states had to do with their lack of a multitude of proper news resources, as opposed to the coastal ones and so on. It's interesting to think about, most notably with my own plans for world domination in mind. And apparently the average connecticutian is gifted, while the average missisipian is erh let's say, below average. Also, I bet Satis dragged Texas' number way down. Like 5 points. (maybe they outruled anomolies tho :P ;) )

Jesus christ about the protestor...what did he friggin expect? To stop a train on speed?

Quote:
"After coming out of a corner at reduced speed, the train was apparently confronted with the group, which moved out of the way with the exception of one person, who was hit," a police statement said.

:roll:

- Coach

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:23 am
King

IQ test thing. I want to see some sources. And the fact that
Quote:
The tests and data were said to have been administered via the Raven's APT, and The Test Agency, one of the UK's leading publishers and distributors of psychometric tests.

its bogus.

This site debunks it

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:53 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

lol...looks like more charts and graphs created by ex-Enron employees. heheh

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Another nice graph on the same subject, which says more or less the same as 11b's but mine is much nicer :wink: (since we're drawing curves anyway): http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/003050.html?entry=3050

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:04 am
Minor Diety

Awhh; why can't the world actually be like my lurid fantasies? :( (someday tho it will be)

- Coach

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:35 pm
Felix Rex

What, you want everyone in the world to be naked super models? Well, it's never going to happen, man. You know what it's like when you get a bunch of women together in a closed-in area? *shudder*

Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:48 am
Minor Diety

Did i hear someone mention something about mud-wrestling super models (with or without bikini's?)

Lol, 10 seconds later i stumble upon this game: http://www.gamershell.com/ps2/rumble_ro ... shots.html

~King of Thieves~

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:17 pm
Felix Rex

lol, wtf. There's no depths to which games will not stoop. lol

Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next