It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Americans and Geography 
Minor Diety

Last edited by derf on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:54 pm
Minor Diety

Well, sorry 11b, but your an ass. There, I said it, and it felt good.

So you are to say that if the US did not exist, the remaining existing places would not have invented what the us did? I find it highley unlikely. Maybe it would have taken longer to get there, or maybe it would have taken less time because the "steriotypical" US people wouldn't be dumbfounding us. Who knows, maybe an "alternate" US would have been created, and they would have created it. More to the point, who gives a shit?

At the end of the day, all of the stuff you named was and is not important, it just serves a purpose to make us even more lazy and antisocial than we already are/were.

[quote]
So basiclly we have EARNED the right to be the center of attention on planet Earth
[/qoute]

Bullshit have you. The only reason you are(n't really) the "centre" of the world, is because you are so freaking huge. I'm not saying that anyone is any better, but apply probability and possibility to all of your "doings" and the pure fact is that "chance" was on your side.

To this day, we have the strongest standing currency
(That i'm aware of), there is no X to the £. (but I don't really know fuck all about that)

So we may have been a generation ruled by hittler, but with people like you around, he doesn't seem like such a bad guy.

Accept the fact that every last one of us is stuck here on earth with eachother untill we figure out a way to leave, or kill each other. We are not significant.

The future's bright.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
King

Geographically speaking...It's true that most ppl here wouldn't be able to point out most American states, even if you slapped them around the ears with them. Smile But, in all fairness, that has to do with the rather peucliar state structure of the US. Most ppl here regard the US as one country, with the states as provinces, kinda. That's not really true of course, as they are country-like (and yet again not), but you get the picture. Generally we say "something happened in the US" and not "something happened in New Hampshire (or where ever)".

Yea, I agree. I would imagine most Euro's to only know where American is, not Wyoming. I would say most Americans, if not all, know where Europe is but couldnt tell you where Belgium or Wales is for example.

So to get back to the original topic, Americans will lump Scotland in with Europe. And Im sure Euro will lump Wyoming in with the US.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Well, Scotland is a bit of a special case as it is, but bleh. I see your point and I don't really mind you (or most ppl) referring to Europe as one thing, but fact is that Belgium, Germany, Poland, whoever are still different countries with different languages and heritage. With the rise of the EU that disctinction is gradually becoming less so but it's not anywhere near the US (yet). But this is getting very technical and concepts like 'heritage' aren't very user-friendly. :) So, bleh.

- Coach

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:00 am
Stranger

About windows, do you know that quite a big portion of the code is developed all over the world, hell there are ppl here in estonia that have contributed to it. KAzaa as you know it, was largely built by estonians, in coop with americans. Dont rush ahead dude, those are international items. Just because the microsoft head office is in US doesnt mean their success is guaranteed by US ppl.

I wont take a side in the region issue, coz hell i couldnt even pinpoint washington, but who cares :D

About gaming, imo US is so important market coz ppl there buy all sorts of shit, literally. :D no matter what rubbish you come up with, theres always some american who will buy it :D no offence to the memebers, i have very high respect for ya.

And as a final note, what tha hell is a turd burglar :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:14 am
King

And as a final note, what tha hell is a turd burglar

One who steals turds.

Quote:
Correction: North americans. I believe there is also a central and south america which is fantastcially different to the north. So whats the point in generalising? Its like saying all Europeans are British. Am i wrong?

Ok. There is North America and South America, continents.North America includes Canada. The country of America is 100% full of US citizens (except for illegal aliens). So when you talk about America dont think of it as North America because then your including Canada which is basicly like Europe.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:31 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

lol. Mexico is technically part of North America too, just fyi. :) I'm not getting involved in the overall discussion becase it's too damn early in the morning. But it's great reading it. I want more. heheh

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

America is the name given to the continent of North America by the Genoese explorer Amerigo Vespucci. When South-America was found, it was called South-America and North-America, North-America.

Clever people know this.

Correctly America therefore includes all of the South, Central and North (including Canada).

May i also say that when people (in the UK) say "Asian" they mean Indian/Pakistani. This is abviously wrong. Asia is HUGE and has Russians, Mongolians, Indians, Iraquis, Chinese, Japanise, Vietnamise, Laos...

Lets make the effort and use the proper words.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:11 am
Minor Diety

The problem is that in the continent Nord-America, you have a country named the United States of America, if you abbreviate this you call it America.

But especially for you i'll try and make an effort derf.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:16 am
King

http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/worldquiz.html

Clever people know that when they say America they are refering to the US not the US and Canada. Us "Americans" dont go around calling each other "North Americans". We are Americans and we live in America and that does not include Canada.

And in America (the place that does not include Canada) we refer to Asian as mainly China and other orential nations. To me India/Pakasatni is the "Middle east". But you can call us North Americans if you want Derf, Ill call of you all East Germans.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:57 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:32 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Isn't the UK west of Germany?

yep.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:19 am
Stranger

why dont we all call them United Statians. Avoids the confusion

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:19 am
Minor Diety

That's a good idea. Whoever decided to make up the names North-America, South-America, United States of America, ... was just trying to create confusion as you say.

Btw Derf you should make a comprehensible list for the UK, or draw a scheme or something. So that everybody knows which countries form Great-Brittain and such. Otherwise we won't get it right.

Oh and it was funny to see how 11b managed to put England east of Germany :P

~King of Thieves~

Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:17 am
Minor Diety

Clever people know that when they say America they are refering to the US not the US and Canada. Us "Americans" dont go around calling each other "North Americans". We are Americans and we live in America and that does not include Canada.

And in America (the place that does not include Canada) we refer to Asian as mainly China and other orential nations. To me India/Pakasatni is the "Middle east". But you can call us North Americans if you want Derf, Ill call of you all East Germans.

This entire quote should be logged into the History of Moronic Comments Archive.

Did you not fucking read my post? Did you not consider the fact that its 100% REAL FACT, not opinion.

Bah, ive give you the fact, yet you persist your moronic unjustified opinion.

//EDIT Okay about J's question on clarification:

>>>>> Britain/Great Britain = England, Wales, Scotland.
>>>>> United Kingdom = Above + Northern Ireland.

Youre going to have to open the pictues in a new window to the the colours.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next