It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The effects of the US election on the rest of the world 
Minor Diety

Post The effects of the US election on the rest of the world
Saw this program yesterday called Question Time. It was hosted in Miami this week and made me raise an eyebrow on a few issues.

There was this US politician, who was convinced that everyone in the world is watching the US election and was convinced the election would effect the whole world. Someone needs to give this woman a slap! She's so fucking dumb, the US is the world power ATM, but that doesnt mean that the US is at the centre of the universe. As a European, I know this most of all.

Secondly, I am pro the war in iraq. If Kerry gets elected, I am under the impression that he will pull forces out. Does this mean therefore that the UK (being the US's bum-buddy) will do the same? Where will the integrity in principle go for the rest of the coalition forces?

Perhaps because the US was the driving force of the war, it may be true that the rest of the coalition forces will also pull out.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:50 am
Minor Diety

Whoever wins, i doubt he will be able to let many soldiers leave Iraq. The first requirement to be able to pull people back is stability. Which isn't something i foresee there in the very near future. Kerry will probably want to pull soldiers back, but (if he wins that is) that's not an option he has now.

I think that more people than usual follow those elections outside America.

Read something interesting btw, most europeans want Kerry to win, but some European said "i hope Bush wins" since American economy is quite a disaster right now, and with Bush we (Europe) will still be able to profit from low dollar, vulnerable position from America, ... .

I know one thing for sure though: oil-prices are fucking high right now, i want (relative) stability in the middle east!!

~King of Thieves~

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:26 am
Felix Rex

I just want to be rich and pwn Europe. Starting with Belgium.

And it's not uncommon for Americans to think we're the center of the universe. The thing is, in many ways, we are. :) Just not everyone likes to believe it. When your puny country falls to the superior might of my super-nation, you will all see.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:02 am
Profile WWW
King

since American economy is quite a disaster right now

Umm, no it isnt.... The economy is fine.

And lets face the facts. Who wants Kerry to win?

French
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/ ... 9061.shtml
Quote:
Seventy-one percent think that John Kerry will win the election, but a staggering 99 percent hope that Kerry will win. In fact, out of all the people surveyed, only one Frenchman said he hoped Mr. Bush would win.

and

Terrorist
http://www.drudgereport.com/abct2.htm
Quote:
TERROR TAPE WARNS OF BUSH, CHENEY CONSEQUENCE

Neither of who I like. I already voted for Bush/Cheney so my work is done. Nothing else I can do but hope and pray people make the smart choice and vote for Bush.

Seriously, when the french and terrorist favor one canidate over another you know something is not right with that canidate.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

~King of Thieves~

Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:31 am
Minor Diety

I tend to ignore French people, espescially when it's got something to do with politics.:roll:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:06 am
Felix Rex

lol, I tend to ignore French people, period. :p I like some of the cheese, though. Oh yea, and the women. Thera are some really hot women. So, when I take over the world, I will kill all French men, all ugly French women, and farm out the rest to keep my conquered territories happy.

Except for the band of 5000 naked hotties making me Brie and bread, of course.

*just realized how depraved I sound*

erm. So. I hope Bush wins, but it's looking like a fairly close race. I hate both candidates, but at least Bush is a known quantity of moronity. I don't think he'll cause much damage. Kerry, on the other hand, seems like a liberal loser with more harm in mind for the US (in the name of good, of course) than Bush. We'll see.

Anyone who is 18 and isn't liberal has no heart
Anyone who is 25 or older and isn't conservative has no brain.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:14 am
Profile WWW
King

This article goes well with this topic and my statements.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200 ... -1796r.htm

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

lol, just when I thought I'd seen it all Satis hopes for a 'devout' christian to win presidency. :D I'll be glad when the elections are over and we can put this blabla behind us. I'm currently still enjoying the global monkeying, there isn't much better entertainment really. But I'll be glad to get it over with nonetheless.

For the record, this is the Bin Laden thing from the Al Jazeera site. Kinda funny if you compare it with other (Western) news sites and look for different nuances.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... 41A716.htm

The French-slagging is becoming tiresome btw. I bet they went in and stole those explosives too eh. :roll: I vote we rotate countries in insulting them, like a country for each day. Let's start with Andorra.

EDIT: the only person I've seen on tv so far that said some meaningful things about the election was comedy central's Jon Stewart. (on CNN's crossfire iirc) Out of the 798489445 zillion or something.

EDIT2: found a video of the show.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831

It's a good 15 minutes long, but i'd encourage you to watch it. The democrat and republican are both trying to label him as this or that but he confuses the crap outta them cos he's not playing their game. Also note the fake smiles and laughs. After tons of freaking idiots trying to push me (and others) into this or that political corner this is a welcome change.

EDIT3: It's pretty sad when a comedian and Eminem (a freaking rapper, of all people) start making more sense than most people.

- Coach

Last edited by Rinox on Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:31 pm
Minor Diety

That was good indeed, and you can't say he told anything that didn't make sense.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:16 am
King

EDIT3: It's pretty sad when a comedian and Eminem (a freaking rapper, of all people) start making more sense than most people.

Only to the simple minded.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

lol @ the sheer irony in that. Anyway, I was pretty pissed off at some other stuff when I wrote that previous post, so I prolly overdid it (too lazy to read it over again). Still think I had (and have) a point tho.

- Coach

Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:25 am
Felix Rex

Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:30 am
Profile WWW
King

Still think I had (and have) a point tho.

No not really.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Well, with my viewpoint on Kerry aligned a bit more accurately, I can say go to hell to Bush.

Oh, and Ox does have a point.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next