It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
I'm fucked. 
Minor Diety

Post I'm fucked.
Basically, my landlord just told me that i've got 1 month to get out of the flat because he's sold the building to someone who wants to turn it in to a home.

The original plan was he was selling to someone who would take us on as tennants. But not anymore.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:25 am
Felix Rex

do you have a contract? If you have a lease for a certain amount of time, you might be able to get an injunction against the eviction until you've found another place to live.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah if you have a standard contract i don't think he can just kick you out. Unless he moves in himself (that's not the case obviously).

But if i were you i would read your contract thoroughly (i'm assuming you have one, otherwise satis will have to add your face to his banner) because i don't think he can break your contract like that.

*edit* i think i haven't read our own contract well since we only have a 3 month period after which we have to move if the landlord feels like it. For relatives that want to move in it's 6 months. It's a bit confusing though. But 1 month is virtually nothing, check the papers Mole!!

ps: Mysql error grrr :x

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:33 am
Felix Rex

yea, I've been getting alot of site errors lately. It's starting to irritate me.

anyway....I don't know much about British law, so maybe it's different. But contracts definetely rule. Read that bastard. However, he definetely has the right to give notice and get you out eventually, so be sure to start looking for a new place to live.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

4 weeks notice is the minimum legal requirement over here. It's in the contract. Same way I have to give him 4 weeks notice if I wish to move out. Excluding the contract I have untill wednesday the 10th definatly covered because it's paid for.

Hmmm

wait a minute. It says here, that I have till November 12th (That's the appreciated date)

The letter is headed, 18th, today is the 20th.

So, 4 weeks after the 20th is about the 17th next month.

hmm.

Well, I'm screwed somewhat, but hey that's life.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, shit happens. Too bad you didn't get the whole continueing tenant thing in writing. :) I always get everything in writing from now on. Tired of getting screwed.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Duke

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Maybe he just needs something new. *pens letter to Satis* :twisted:

anyway...that's pretty fucked Moleman. :( I guess you're gonna be on appartment-hunting duty as of today huh. On the bright side, maybe you guess could afford a nicer place with your doubled income? Not that I have any idea how nice/crappy your current places is.

Anyway, good luck. You guys staying in Scarb or moving?

- Coach

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:59 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
thats pretty fucked up mole, can you find anywhee in time? might be worth giving the council a go. (probably giving all the houses to imigrants but its worth a go)

last resort may be one of the set of parents until you can find better. :?

Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:25 pm
Minor Diety

Well, I've emailed the council, But I'm guessing theres a waiting list for it. Damned imigrants.
@Ox, Pev doesn't see very much at all of her income due to train fares :/ Probably end up going down to Walsall again, as that was a soon to happen plan anyway, I just need a full time job before I can move :S

@Satis, yeah too bad, but our current land lord didn't tell us that he was selling out at all untill today, otherwise I would have asked for it in writing, had it signed and what not.

The landlord said that if we need a reference as to how "good" a tenant we are, he'll do that for us no problem.

At the end of the day, It's probably the kick in the ass that I needed, but I'd rather not have a kick in the ass that might leave me homeless.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thats fucked up man. I'd love to give that landlord cunt a right smack.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:15 am
Minor Diety

Ahwell. Been flat hunting today, found a few places that might have us, for about £5-10 more than we are currently paying. Don't want anywhere that we have to pay monthly though, because we might not be there for the month.

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

eh? Not pay monthly? What, you find some place that rents hourly? wooo, go Mole!

Seriously though...you rent weekly or something? Isn't that significantly more expensive in the long run? Or is the world much different in the UK than here?

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, renting hourly would rule. Sounds very prostitute-ish. I think so too that something like that would be pretty expensive in the long term, but he mentioned that it'd be more of a temporal solution than anything else, apparently. Which brings me to the question: isn't there some sort of one-time sum you'll have to pay upon renting it first? That prolly sounds totally confusing cos I can't think of the correct term.

So: you rent a place, and you usually have to pay 2 month's rent up front as some sort of guarantee. (which you get back when you stop renting) Bleh, maybe it's a Belgian thing.

- Coach

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next