It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Top Five Favorite Movies 
Felix Rex

bah, christ on a cracker. My post got swallowed. :(

anyway....Aeon Flux the movie is in production. Highly recommended. I had links and stuff, but I'm a lazy slut and am not reposting. Google it if you care.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The forum seemed unreachable for maybe 15 minutes, does that has anything to do with you loosing your post?

Anyway, haven`t heard about Aeon Flux, maybe i`ll google for it. Well actually i`m watching imdb now and i see there was a tv-series, you watched that?
The movie has Charlize Theron in the lead role: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402022/

X-men wasn`t very good no, especially not the first, spiderman neither, haven`t seen the second yet. The big problem with comics going on big screen is that you need to scetch the whole situation and back ground first (like Peter Parker gets bitten, lets the thief run away, blablabla; This is X-men Wolverine, this is xavier he`s a good guy, this is magneto he`s a bad guy, this blu this bla) so it`s hard to get some speed in the movie.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:59 am
Minor Diety

I've never heard of Aeon Flux, but judging by the internet it's some kinda of animated SF cartoon? or something. I used to love the x-men, but then I ran outta money to buy them. (long time ago) The movies were well done, which was no surprise with Brian Singer directing; he's made very few bad movies so far. (Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil, X-men 1/2) He's set to make the new superman movie, but I have my doubts over that. hehe.

Anyway, why hasn't any of you bitches rented/seen requiem for a dream yet? That wasn't a suggestion, but an order! :twisted:

- Coach

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:35 am
Minor Diety

I watched Anderlecht lose their game against Valencia .. and besides i`m too lazy to rent the dvd, if you bring it i`ll see it :-p.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:10 am
Felix Rex

aeon flux is a cartoon, yes. It's all about sex and violence. Huge amounts of violence and blood. Aeon's some sort of crazy, ultra-deadly secret agent. Int he original shorts (from liquid television) she'd usually pile up an ungodly body count (I'm talking hundreds of bodies, lakes of blood) and then die some horrible death. It was awesome. They later spun those shorts off into a full-length animated series, which wasn't quite as good (people talked, for instance) but still really crazy.

If you get a chance to watch any of the episodes, I highly recommend it. The shorts are the best, though,imo.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hah, Anderlecht sucks J...you wait until Antwerp wins the cup and then goes on to win the UEFA-cup next season! :twisted: hehe. On another note, I won my Champions League betting today...made 50€ with a 2.5€ investment, w00t. Bet on real losing from Leverkusen, among other stuff.

But to get back on topic, will do Satis, i'll look out for the movie and the shorts. If anyone ever decides to show an episode over here. :/ About the only thing that came close to (adult) cartoons around here was FAKK: Heavy Metal, in the past few months. :(

- Coach

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:57 pm
Minor Diety

http://www.philipkdick.com/films_scanner-061204.html

Look at Harrelson's freaking hair. Hehe. I can totally dig him as Luckman though, and Winona Ryder as Donna. Maybe even Downey Jr. as Barris...but Reeves still bugs me. Ah well, no choice but to wait and see I guess.

- Coach

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:36 pm
Minor Diety

I was reading the other day about a scanner darkly again, and what i didn`t notice the first time is that a part from the movie is going to be animated. Was it something that I alone missed or is this new to you as well? I guess it will make some parts like his drug trips easier to put in a movie.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:31 am
Minor Diety

I don't remember reading it in previous posts about by Satis no, but I could be wrong. I think you can go two ways with animated parts in movies...they either turn out horribly or make the movie better.

- Coach

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:02 am
Minor Diety

I noticed it on Imdb, it also falls under category animation and there are topics like this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/boa ... d/10194142

Also somewhere they made a comparison with the animation scene in kill bill (lucy liu as a kid, you know the part), then i thought "Ah that`s what they mean with animation :P

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:28 am
Minor Diety

Mm...tnx J. I think I'm gonna have to rent Waking Life to see what the fuss is about. :)

- Coach

Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:53 am
Felix Rex

Tasteful animation can be a great boon to a movie. The Kill Bill animated portion was totally awesome, for instance. I'm looking forward to this movie. There's gonna be alot of really cool stuff coming out soon. :)

Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I didn't like the animated part, but I'm not a fan of manga-style anime anyway. If that is manga-style anyway. If not I'm just talking crap and you can kill me, bleh. :) Satis, as the only other person who read the book here (I think), what do you think about the casting? Harrelson is totally Luckman. :)

- Coach

Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:12 pm
Minor Diety

I read the screenplay (link is in the Scanner Darkly topic) i found on the net, so it`s not the fully written out version prolly (sometimes it`s rather descriptive, like "guy enters house") but the storyline stays the same i guess. If i read a book most of times i read it for the story and the ideas behind it, the style itself doesn`t matter much.
But i don`t remember the names of the characters either. But i remember thinking "Oh yeah woody totally fits in here". I think i know who Luckman is, but i don`t know how to ask without giving half of the plot away. He lived with the main character right?

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:01 am
Felix Rex

Woody as Luckman is definetely a good choice. He totally fits the part. Winona too. Actually, most of the characters are really good fits, IMO. Who's the main character, though? I don't think I caught that. I'd be hard-pressed to choose a good person to play him.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next