SWG who what and where 
King

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:55 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:44 pm
Felix Rex

oh, yea. heh. Enimals, huh? lol. Creatures and non player characters, basically. I love capping those storm troopers.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:43 am
Profile WWW
King

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:37 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Count

Lol I am so gonna get kicked out of my guild and town (even though I married the town mayor) for hanging around an Imp friend. lol REBEL POWER or something.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:41 am
Minor Diety

heh..is there a strict and unchangeable opposition between the rebels and the imperial shit? Like cities, social systems, etc. Cos if not, you could start (and lead) a rogue army of imperial and rebel outcasts that don't take shit from anyone! And the combination of imperial and rebel abilities should seriously pwn both of them. that would SO rock. (and it would be a 'true' mmorpg freedom, too).

Nevermind me, i'm just feeling very imaginative. Oh, and happy birthday Shiny! Hope you get lots if stuff irl and in SWG, heh.

- Coach

Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:59 am
King

Imperials and rebels can group together. Tell me that isnt stupid as all hell.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

lol. Maybe against a common enemy, like, say, dark jedi NPCs on dantooine. :) Mostly we stick to our own kind, though.

BTW, I'm now a master rifleman and bought my first suit of comp. Woo! I'm freakin' unstoppable! I also capped my first imperial player. Bastard attacked my while I was doing rebel missions. Bet he didn't expect me to headshot his stupid ass into oblivion. muhahahaha!

Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm..since the headshotting seems to be associated with the mastership in rifles, how does it work? Do you gain better accuracy by raising your skill or something? Or am I just connecting stuff that doesn't have any connection and is it only the damage/rof that increases?

- Coach

Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm
Felix Rex

You get better accuracy, you can fire faster, you get bonuses to various things (like concealment, to hit, to hit while moving, etc) and you get access to better and more powerful shot types.

Headshot and Mind shot, which is what I was actually referring to, actually attack the mind pool of a player. There are three pools, health, action and mind. If any pool is reduced to 0, the player falls to the group unconscious for some time (usually 60-100 seconds). You can death blow him during this time and get a kill.

Being a rifleman, I'm the only combat class that can directly target the mind for significant damage. I can make the mind bleed. So, anyway, I shot him in the brain case until he dropped unconscious, then DB'd him with a sniper shot.

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
King

Being a rifleman, I'm the only combat class that can directly target the mind for significant damage. I can make the mind bleed. So, anyway, I shot him in the brain case until he dropped unconscious, then DB'd him with a sniper shot.

Swordsman can to. Swordsman and Rifleman hit the mind. Swordsman is the best PVE profession in the game, hands down. Can solo just about any mob. Can do the Geno cave solo and take on Ackley.

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:19 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Just read there was a `credit duplication exploit` in SWG, and everybody that (ab)used it got banned appearantly. Even more, everybody that recieved money from someone who obtained it illegally got also banned !! Between 10000 and 45000 people have lost their account it seems.

Hope you guys aren`t screwed.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:13 am
Stranger

If any pool is reduced to 0, the player falls to the group unconscious for some time

who notices something weird in this sentence :D

Anyway yeah, in most games meleers seem to be actually better in pve and pvp unless your a rifle wielding stealth assassin and camp in a bush :D

Dont worry J, havnt played since the trial ended. Went back to Eve Online.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:18 pm
Felix Rex

I know one guy who's character got wrongfully banned. That's it, though. As far as swordsman being the be-all end-all, I don't necessarily agree.

Teras-Kasi / Fencers rule some shit
Pistoleer / Bounty Hunters (and Carbineer / Bounty Hunters) kick some ass
Jedi, of course, are little bitches that deserve the burn of mind poison

Fully buffed and armored, with some canape, brandy and muon, I can spam special shots with my T21 probably every .3 seconds. Assuming I'm prepared, I can take down virtually anyone as long as they don't knock me down.

I kick Shiny's ass in duels. muhahaha.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:42 am
Profile WWW
King

Nope, Swordsman is the best PVE in game. Trust me. Can a master rifleman solo Acklay in the Geolab? no. The swordsman has great crazy melee defense that a rifleman dont. Fencer are good but they shine in PVP not PVE. Pistoleers are just about worthless cause they only hit the health pool. Bounty hunters are only good for PVP.

And about that banning. SOE had said they banned credits dupers about 1 year ago, looks like they lied again. The fact that they havent fixed it yet is sad. They also banned an 11 year old girl.
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... .id=325118
Of coruse the orginal thread disappeared and was deleted.

AND!

Their has been alot of in game protesting going on like around Theed and Cornet some servers around the starports. CSR's are teleporting these people to the middle of Dathmoir. And not just the people who are protesting, they are doing EVERYONE thats standing next to them. Imagine being some newb and getting teleported to the middle of Dathmoir 0,0 because you where standing in a starport. Its sooo sad the way they do business.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next