It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Olympics: (Athens) 
Minor Diety

love the olymipics. so much drama and culture.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:51 am
Minor Diety

I'm enjoying them more than I usually do, for some reason. It's fun to watch sports that no one would EVER broadcast, normally speaking. :)

Speaking about the Aussies, wtf are they on?! Every time I turn on a tv I see an Oz man/woman winning a medal, or getting close. Like, today I saw a track rider (I think it was Shaun) breaking te olympic record and an Oz woman win gold. And a day or two ago I saw their basketballteam put up a good fight against the US, especially the blonde guard (Heal) was great. I mean, i though there lived only 20 million ppl in Australia. :/ Did they bring half the country along or something?! lol

belgium is 38th on the medal tables, with two bronze medals. Wahey. :) With Henin reaching the tennis finals there will be a gold/silver added to that tho. Was a great match today, too...coming back from 5-1 to win the third set, wow.

- Coach

Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:41 pm
Duke

Henin will definately win a medal for you guys :mrgreen: she's awesome!

lol no ox, we didn't bring half the country along! We have the second largest team behind America though, so that is sort of cool. We're sitting at 4th on the medal tally at the moment. We probably won't get much higher because the swimming is pretty much over, and we have very few stars in track & field events.

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:06 am
Minor Diety

Hehe...yeah, but you do have a lot of good cycling track riders, i saw the australian team sprint team win a bronze medal today, and Bradley McGee a silver one. I maintain my half of the country-theory. ;) GO HENIN!!

- Coach

Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:06 am
Minor Diety

/Belgium leaps to an impressive 27th place on the medal ranking :roll:

- Coach

Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:52 pm
Minor Diety

Lol, I just heard the Dutch male 8 rowing team has won silver. One of the members is an old member of my rowing club, hurray!

Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:54 am
Minor Diety

Haha, you know him personally? that's cool :D Kim Gevaert made it into the women's 200m finals, she's running later today..GO KIM!! Pretty girl too, rare between all those muscled sprinting monsters. Also, I found her home phone number and email adress online...Belgium and protecting athletes, not a good combo. lol.

P.S. no, I'm not stalking here...I just looked for "Kim Gevaert" and first hit was a bio page with number and email :P hehe

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:29 am
Minor Diety

No, I don't know him personally, he's an older memeber. I have seen him once but that's all.

We're doing well with hockey this week! First the women's team beats the Aussies (sorry suga), and now the male team has kicked Germany's ass! So that's two more gold or silver medals to add to the list.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:38 am
Minor Diety

Olympics are nearly over, and Belgium has a whopping THREE medals!! 2 bronze and one gold one, heh. We ROCK. :) lol

No, but some good stuff on tv last week as well...all the running, the basketball, volleyball, polevaulting..very cool. Not to mention the track cycling, which supercedes coolness. It's almost over, and I'm gonna miss it, watching the daily summaries late at night.

- Coach

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:33 am
Minor Diety

Bah, we only got 22 medals. And those stupid hockeying fools failed to win gold twice!

Nederland verloedert...

Yeah, I'm gonna miss the olympics too.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:57 am
Minor Diety

lol...I read a comparative list somewhere...number of medals compared to population. I think the Bahames scored best, followed by Australia.

Belgium was pretty ok, apparently...only just behind the US, w00t!

- Coach

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2