It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Euro 2004: Portugal 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
the news is that rooney has a broken bone in his foot. bad news. :?

:P :P :P spinless, gutless italians, always give up without a fight :P :P :P

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:24 am
Minor Diety

VIVA spineles s

EDIT tyranus: hehehehe...... :P

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:26 am
Minor Diety

You're right Arathorn, i think it's striking how much teams start defending heavily instead of trying to keep playing normally after they scored the first goal. Portugal deserved the win imo because they really went for it, they were playing 2 against 2 in their defense, compared to england ... they played like 8 against 8?
Good thing that teams that crawl back don't get rewarded. It's a bit normal that you think more defensively if you're in front, but why not try to make a second goal without taking too much risks, keep the ball in the ranks, ... .

Ah well it was exciting to watch, tension untill the last second. That portugese keeper was really funny, taking that last penalty without his gloves and then deciding he would score the last penalty, that's some balls. But if you wanna talk about guts, that 'panenka-penalty' that portugese (6th penalty i believe) scored .. you must be one sick mofo to try that on such a moment.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:49 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, if he would have missed that wacky penalty everybody in Portugal would have hated him, now he's a king. Football is often strange.

Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:12 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

its getting stranger by the day.

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:41 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, tell me about it. There goes my betting money. :( ah well. Didn't see the game between Portugal and England live. Was too busy getting drunk at the time in a bar without tv. :/ But I must say that from what I saw of campbell's disallowed goal that I didn't find it totally unjustified. Terry was blocking Ricardo, so the referee did have a point there. But he could have just as well not whistled, of course. Beckham failed the English on this EC too...but Lampard, what a player. Reminds me of Wilmots, in a way (if anyone remembered him).

The only thing i regret about the French leaving (apart from betting on them) is the loss of Zidane. All the others can kiss my hairy ass, hehe. Sweden-Holland tonight...should be good. Attacking teams versus counter-teams are always good games!

- Coach

Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:26 am
Minor Diety

This tournament is getting better every day! Frogs out (and that was justice), England out, and Holland through on goddamn penalties!
The moment those penalties started I was sure it was over.
It was a nice match though, with both teams having an equal score of (bad) luck and chances.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:46 am
Minor Diety

I was reading this book, and look what I found ;)

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, and the Dutch will win a penalty series, before the great and notable day of the Lord come.
Acts 2:20

hehe

Czechs made short work of the Danes there. Swift 3-0 victory...let's see how they hold out against the greek. :)

- Coach

Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:33 pm
Minor Diety

The Chechs played badly I think, but those three goals shows how efficient they are. Considering they had about 4 or 5 attacks. :roll:

Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:49 am
Minor Diety

Stupid assholes. :cry:

The Itali.. ehrm Portugese were only better in the first half, we owned most of the second half, but those Portugese kept falling down crying like a bunch of Italians.
Bah.

Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:53 pm
Minor Diety

hahaha, the Dutch finally ran out of luck :roll: lol. Again failed to score a valid goal, too. Come on Arathorn, they might have been better in the 2nd half, but they didn't have one chance either :) Figo+Deco made the difference...and Seedorf had a baaaad game.

- Coach

Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:52 pm
Minor Diety

Robben had a bad game. Could have known it, being a PSV player. :roll:
Yeah, Portugal was better, but I was extremely annoyed by their whining all the time. Like a bunch of sissy Italians.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:00 am
Minor Diety

I heard almost every dutchman complain about the referee, i didn`t feel like he was a home-referee, just count for example the number of times that Deco got obstructed where he didn`t whistle (i don`t say he should have, but he could have)

As ox says, not a single real chance, defenitely not out of a football action, just out of a free kick.

You`re right about mainly the goalie falling down like a baby btw, BUT at one moment Van Nistelrooy did hit him intentionally, he should have had a red card for that.

If Pauletta starts in the final i don`t understand it anymore. Okay he worked very hard and did some good stuff too, don`t think he lost that many balls, but if you`re the only striker in your team, you should score if you get a huge chance.

I think overall you must agree that the Dutch team got lucky to end up so far in the tournament, they played one good match (which they lost) and for the rest it wasn`t very good at all. A lot of players remained invisible or made errors they shouldn`t have made. Van Nistelrooy played a reasonable tournament since he scored 4 times while not given many good passes or support. I think the best dutchman in the tournament was Van der Sar, he really made a lot of good saves, but if your defence plays like that it doesn`t really show in the score.

I forgot the exact figures, but i think Holland only won 2 matches out of his last 8 or 9 .. says enough if you ask me.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:09 am
Minor Diety

Hehe..in the end the Dutch won one game, against...Latvia. lol.;)

De Telegraaf wrote somehting like "No luck for Oranje" like WTF?

saved by the Czechs their B-team in the group, scored tons of invalid goals, had Sweden hit the frame two or three times, won on penalties and even got lucky against Portugal with a ball against the post and an own goal. So, more than you could name almost... :twisted:

and WOW, Czechs out :o didn't see that one coming...if i thought anyone could take the Greek then it were the czechs, and dang...Koller crying, bizarre sight. :/

- Coach

Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:35 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah those Greek are a real though cookie, they defend extremely well AND they have the technical skills to keep the ball in the team and counterattack when given the opportunity. But i thought as well that if one team would break that wall it was Tsjechie. Nedved injuring himself might have played a part in it as well, and they did get their chances, but didn`t finish it.

But if you look at the path they`re coming from you can`t say they didn`t deserve it, Portugal, Spain, France, Tsjechie ... the Greek fight with the weapons they have and have a strong teamspirit .. a shame belgium wasn`t there.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next