It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
For us Dutch-speakers... 
Minor Diety

Well, the football league idea is ok, but Anderlecht is strictly speaking not a Flemish club, so you'd be left with Brugge and Genk. :/ (Anderlecht is part of the Brussels region, which has the same political autonomy as Flanders and Wallonia)

Anyway, I disagree when it comes to seperating and joining Holland. In the end we aren't much different from our French-speaking compatriots, way less different than we are from Friezen/Hollanders/Zeeuwen for sure. (not Brabanders and Limburgers, they're fairly alike us ;) ) The only real problem is a whole lot of ppl here who like to portray the Walloons as lowlifes that are draining cash from Flanders. And yes, there is going a lot of money from Flanders to Wallonia each year, but it's perfectly normal that poorer citizens benefit from a good economy elsewhere in the country. Let's not forget that flanders was a peasant region with nothing else but some cotton industry and a few mines, up until 100 years ago. And Wallonia was a well-faring region with a superb steel- and weapons industry, plus tons of mines. And now things are the other way around, we've built a great economy from our peasant roots, while they're stuck with the aftermath of dead industries like mining and steel. (weapons industry is about their only pride left)

There's no denying that the Flemish ppl have been used and/or opressed by French-speaking bourgoisie in earlier times, but hey. If I was to dislike every authority that has taken advantage of Flanders then I'll have a hard time getting along in the world. :)

In short: seperatism sucks, it's a deranged form of patriotism. And overly active patriotism, like religion, serves for nothing but creating unnecessary problems.

Btw Arathorn, I'm more or less a descendant of them French-speaking fools, hehe. :twisted: My dad is half Hungarian, and my mum is half Walloon/Flemish. I like French too, great language. I'm also a royalist, lol. But don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the royal house or anything as such. I think they're a great way of keeping the country together and they make a president unnecessay, at a relatively low cost. (for each citizen,that is) The fact that their only power is ceremonial is main reason of course. Couldn't have a king who can actually decide stuff, now could we? :)

- Coach

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:27 pm
Minor Diety

Heh well, I never meant that splitting up thing seriously, but it's always fun to speculate about it.
I'm a royalist too, there are enough presidents in Europe already and they are boring, a king or queen has something... extra.

Anyway back on topic, some time ago I found a good European voting test, but I can't find it anymore, do you know of any decent one? It would be fun to do with the entire forum.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:38 pm
Minor Diety

Nope, can't remember ever seeing one of those either. Should be interesting tho. :) The other one was very American-oriented.

- Coach

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:08 pm
Minor Diety

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:24 pm
Seigneurial Lord

Oooh, I read Vlaams Blok got second in the elections? :shock:

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, stupid assholes. Don't tell me you don't know what to do with it, just let them into the government for some time, then it'll soon be over.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:48 am
Minor Diety

Hey, i'm not in our governement, so don't tell me. I'm not sure if letting them in the governement is a good solution though. I'm sure they'll fail miserably since all they do is complain and say what's going wrong, and they don't have the solutions they claim to have. But i'm more concerned about the damage they would inflict. I agree that it would stop their progress, but the cost might be high.

Btw, technically, Vlaams Blok is the biggest party, since the biggest (CD&V -NVA)
consists of 2 parties that worked together for this elections (kartel).

~King of Thieves~

Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:21 am
Minor Diety

Yeha, we're officially surrounded by facists now. :/ In my voting district they got a score of about 34%; so over 1/3rd of everyone here voted fascist. Ain't that nice. I always knew that I was smart and the rest morons, but that they were THIS stupid is really surprising me. :)

I say: voting right instead of duty. Most ppl who vote fascist aren't really hard-core, they're the "everybody hates us and no one ever does something for us" kind of ppl, whining in front of their television about politics. They're not gonna go vote if they're not obliged to, heh.

The problem here is that no other party dares to speak about problems with immigrants anymore; the Blok has monopolized that subject completely. We need a party that isn't afraid to say:

->no to voting rights for non-EU citizens
->give every immigrant a few years to get lessons in Dutch/French, and the facilities to do so. Then have them take a test after a few years (very basic test) and if they fail thát they show that they just don't even try and for all I care they should go back. (of course, excluding ppl that can scientifically prove to be too stupid to learn the basics of a language that fast :roll: )

These are simple, non-racistic things that no one dares to say anymore nowadays. If you don't know the language of the country you live in you will never be able to function properly in it either, simple as that. It is thé prime requirement, to me. 70-80% of all ppl in Flanders was against (communal) voting rights for non-EU citizens but the governement STILL legislated it, like wtf? No wonder there are morons voting for the Blok.

I wish we still had R.O.S.S.E.M. Now, he would have gotten my vote. :D

voted liberal btw (EU government) and blanco (Flemish government. I don't recognize it as a real government, so blah. I'm Belgian, not Flemish ffs.) Checked all women on the liberal list btw, need more women in politics.

- Coach

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:11 pm
Minor Diety

http://users.skynet.be/devilsprophet/dokter.jpg Maybe only J will get it though. So: http://www.vlaamsbelang.org/actua_150703.shtml

- Coach

Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 pm
Minor Diety

Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:47 am
Count

You would think you wouold need to know the language of the country you are in but we have proven that you don't. Everything in our country is pretty much in both English and Spainish due to so many immigrants which never learn the language. I know that my German and French skills are that of a 5-6 year old level at best, but hell at least I tried to learn another language. And the fact is I do not live in a country where I need French or German. If I ever do live in Germany I will guarantee I will learn the language. Who an I to want an entire country to change for me because I am to lazy to learn the language of where I am living. It's bullshit...learn the language or get out! But if I say that around here I would be considered a racist. Hell I am the crimb watch captain for my neighborhood. And I went door to door introducing myself to the neighbors and most on one of the streets did not speak English at all well except to say they did not speak English.... AHHHHHHH!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:02 pm
Felix Rex

Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wtf is the barrio? S-american hood? And I agree with you Shiny. Your situation is obviously different with formalities being both in English and Spanish, over here it's in Dutch (and sometimes French and German), and these ppl are Turks, Morrocons, Africans, Russians...if they manage to find a job they still don't understand wtf they're signing, their tax letters, etc. etc. No wonder they end up in extra-legal situations after a while. Blah. And lol@ the going around in the neighbourhood. I don't have many foreign ppl living around me (practically none even); but I do spend most of my time between them in the city. Bizarrely enough, fascist party gets more votes here than in the city. Whacked out shit. :/

- Coach

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:35 pm
Felix Rex

Hey man, don't you know I'm loco?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The appartement next door houses some Russians, i'm 95% sure they're in the car swindling business. Well 100% actually, just don't know if ALL the cars they buy/sell are fishy. But they're friendly, don't make too much noise, don't cause problems, .. so i don't mind. A couple in their late 60's could be more annoying easily.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next