It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The AC power adaptor story 
Minor Diety

Yeah, a lot, tnx Pevster! But can you get a student loan at every "real" bank, or is it a government-only thing?

- Coach

Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:32 pm
Minor Diety

you have to apply to your local council through it. usually the school/college you do your A-Levels at will get the forms for you, and then you fill them in of course. then each year the council send you a replacement one.

Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

This was a high area of controversy. Or is that Uni top-up fees. I dont know what they are anway. Care to enlighten Pev?

Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:52 am
Minor Diety

lol well the controversy was over tuition fees.

see, at the moment you have to pay around £1200 each year to the university to cover lectures etc. that's why you need a student loan. but (dont actually know what's going on now) the government wanted to put it up to about £10,000 a year! See, they keep on about how it's great coz soooo many people go to uni now, and how anyone can go no matter how rich or poor their background is, but if they do put it up to £10,000 most people won't be able to afford it and less people will go.

I think maybe they ended up deciding people who are already at uni just pay the £1200 each year, and anyone starting uni (probably as of last september) have to pay more, though I don't know how much.

Didn't really keep up with the news so that could be a load of bollocks but they WERE going to put the fees up. Loads of universities went on a march to london to protest.

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2