It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:25 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
Thought of the Day 
Minor Diety

Hah lol we all claim to have different facts of stars.

"My god is better than your god"

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:30 am
Marquis

Satis is right about the stars, nuclear fusion is what makes them work, so they are constantly undergoing nuclear reactions and are about 9'000'000K( i think, it's certainly no less than this temperature) so it's pretty hot in there

and i have no idea what Mole was talking about :roll:

oh Satis your right about the mini ice ages as well, the last one was about 400 years ago and reached as far down as all of scotland and the top half of england, so even though it didn't reach the US (only got as far as Cananda) it was definatly an ice age.
I didn't know we were supposed to be in one of those at the moment, and i assumed you were talking about 'proper' ice ages, as it were :roll:

The greenhouse affect, while it occurs, it doesn't contribute as much to global warming as everyone seems to think it does, infact it's negligable :roll:

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:50 am
Minor Diety

Oh ok, its a bit clearer now. We seen to have some kind of agreement. :lol:

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:58 am
Minor Diety

yeah, i know, the theory is far streched. but the numbers definatly worked. but yeah... um. God exists. *is very tired*

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
King

yeah, i know, the theory is far streched. but the numbers definatly worked. but yeah... um. God exists. *is very tired*

One question, is there such thing as perfection? A person is imperfectly made (problems like asthma, blindness etc) so is there such thing as perfection. Or is there flaws in everything.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:08 am
Marquis

well if there is we haven't found it yet....cause we keep improving things

you can say a piece of art is perfect, but that's just an opinion, someone else might just think it's a sheep in a box :?

Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:20 am
King

well if there is we haven't found it yet....cause we keep improving things

you can say a piece of art is perfect, but that's just an opinion, someone else might just think it's a sheep in a box :?

But still there would be imperfections in the burshstrokes and colour?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:45 am
Felix Rex

I would say there is no such thing as perfection. Not because of any god-thing, of course, but because of chaos and quantum mechanics. It's impossible to have anything ever be absotely perfect. You can get close, of course.

For instance, there is no such thing as a perfect gem. They get near-perfect, but never has a perfect stone been found.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:53 am
Profile WWW
King

I would say there is no such thing as perfection. Not because of any god-thing, of course, but because of chaos and quantum mechanics. It's impossible to have anything ever be absotely perfect. You can get close, of course.

For instance, there is no such thing as a perfect gem. They get near-perfect, but never has a perfect stone been found.

So, so far I'm being proven right, if there is nothing perfect, is there God because God is perfect and perfection can not exist in an imperfect world

Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:26 pm
Marquis

well, maybe it just proves that God is jealous and therfore only he can be perfect :roll:

.....or maybe i just made that up :wink:

Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:02 pm
Minor Diety

God isn't a physical form though... so he can not be imperfect as far as physically existing goes, because he doesnt... i know what i'm trying to say... lol

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis

well that's good mole, cause no one else ever does :lol:

Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:07 pm
Minor Diety

On a separate note: I think i have devised a way to measure our universe. Bear with me:

Ok, we wait for a star to shine its light on a point in space for the 1st time. Then, we estimate its distance from point to the Star by calculating the time spent for the light to arrive (light years).

SO that will effectively give us the apporximate distance from the seeing-point to the star (at the time of observation).

Fuck! forgot the rest. Are you with me? Can you help?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:03 am
Minor Diety

How do you know that star is the farrest away object in space?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:09 am
Marquis

derf, how so you think that scientist know that the universe is still expanding......

you guesed it, it's from measuring how long it takes for light to reach our eyes, it's worked out using the red shift, it's where the colour of the light changes to the red end of the spectrum. The more the red shift the further away that star is....

you can't tell how big the universe is though cause its still expanding and there are certainly stars that exist, just we can't seem them yet cause they are so far away and the light hasn't reached us yet

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:12 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next