It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
Thought of the Day 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
And the fact that people change their names.....i.e. bj is now tyranus

hell they may even be looking for you right now :roll: .....though why anyone would want to find bj is questionable :wink:

biatch :P why would anyone not want BJ.. :wink:

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:50 am
Minor Diety

May i just say that the reason that the earth is getting hotter is not due to pollution. The earth goes through a natural cycle of hot/cold weather over thousands of years because of the way it spins on its axis and around the sun.

Also, may i just add, why do we worry so much about our precious little earth when for every grain of sand there are a million stars?

Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:35 am
Minor Diety

Maybe because it's a little hard to get there. :roll:

Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:18 am
Minor Diety

three words. Green House Effect. and where did u steal that stars thing from?

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh and the point of my "stars" thing is that with so much else in our/other universes, we are nothing of great importance. We are merely worrying about our nanoscopic spec of dirt and our tiny ant-like selves.

Having said that, dont get me wrong. Im not one of those (Nuke the whales) kinda guys.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:49 am
Minor Diety

Of course the green house effect is big enough to require changes to our energy usage, but it's not the main problem.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Minor Diety

Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:58 pm
Minor Diety

The normal temperature fluctuation over the centuries. In the early middle ages there was wine in southern England and in the 16th century people in Holland enjoyed frozen rivers.

That doesn't mean CO2 output shouldn't be capped off course.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:01 pm
Minor Diety

i'm not saying its all our fault, but what I am saying, is that the amount of crap we produce, has greatly affected short term climate changes. Especially as of late, i mean, winters are warmer than ever at the moment. Plus, In summer, you can feel the humidity.

And i knew the point of your post derf, just didn't think u came up with it ;) and beside, lets say, if there was a guy looking to smash you to hell and back, and you knew he had the skill and strength to do it, and you were on your own. Would you not avoid him?

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

woo Derf. I hate to say it (a bit) but I agree with you entirely. We may have similar views as far as this is concerned. :)

There are actually some points of fact saying that we should be in the middle of an ice age, but because of our heat waste and whatnot, we've staved it off for the time being. Not a bad thing, IMO. Unless you English folk want an iceberg in your back yard. :P

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis

I thought we'd had the last ice age about 10'000 years ago and we are now heading for a *warm* age for lack of a better way to put it....i didn't think we're supposed to be in an ice age at the moment :?

Though i agree that greenhouse affect is a load of balls, as do most metrologists...(they study the weather :wink: )

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:38 am
Minor Diety

the green hous affect has been proven by science, yet a few posts back, you were all for science... but any way, here's a theory me and mate worked on... i can't remember the times we looked at but anyway...

The sun, is a star. stars constantly get larger and smaller, fluctuating, if you will.

We using some rough figures, figured that earth, originally was inside the sun. (obviously, the melting point of the earth, though not tested, mostlikely disprooves this fact) we figured it out to be inside the sun, at the same time the dinosaurs roamed the earth. then, the sun, shrank. the earth exited the sun, then, the sudden temperature change, caused the ice age, which wiped out the dinosaurs compleltely, then the sun, started to grow again, thawing earth, and stabilized slightly. I can't remember it, but the numbers worked.

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I didn't say the green house effect doesn't exist, but I said global warming is not solely caused by it.
I don't believe your sun-size theory. Stars are very stable, only in it's later time does the size change, and maybe in the early beginning.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:00 am
Minor Diety

I think youre wrong there Arathorn, stars often experience internal nuclear explosions.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:55 am
Felix Rex

erm.... stars are a constant nuclear explosion. That's what makes a sun work. It's hot enough that hydrogen combines to form helium. Nuclear fusion.

And nuclear fusion is way too hot to allow a planet to exist inside. The planet would be ionized.

btw, on the ice age thing, I read that the world goes through 'mini' ice ages regularly, ones that one last a couple hundred years (I believe) and some geological evidence seems to point to the fact that we should be experiencing one right now. Anyway, I just read this somewhere, I profess no knowledge of the subject.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:11 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next