It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Concerning Reform from Anarchy 
Minor Diety

Post Concerning Reform from Anarchy
Satis, your closing post on the Anarchy Awareness forum was somewhat autocratic. I have no real issue with how forums are run, but at the moment its looking like Italy in the 50's.

Your decision seemed to go against the replies in that topic, so i was just wondering whether you run things Autocratically, or Democratically.

I have some "suggestions" if your answer is "Democratic".

Just wondering.

Fri May 09, 2003 1:49 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
to be fair, in the mod's chat forum the topic was discussed and satis acted on that discussion, so be assured that he didn't just slap the law down about it.

there was democracy, you just didn't see it. :)

Fri May 09, 2003 2:13 am
Minor Diety

yup, there is a good page, nearly two, discussing the 'spamming' of the boards, and satis has obviously listened to the points of view. One of which was arathorns so it's not just from people who didn't mind...

Fri May 09, 2003 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The general trend of that topic was that everyone agreed a little moderating is needed. Whereas Satis said he's fine with it the way it is.

Quote: Satis: (His 1st and chosen decision):

1. Have lots of posts, all over the place, and have a very active, though disorganized.

Thats the way it was already.

But hey, i'm seeing change already so im happy.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:40 am
Minor Diety

yes he said that BUT he then said if the topic is specifically named, eg Photo Gallery, then keep that topic as close to it as possible. eg if I go in there and start on about...Frankenstein, bj can come and say oi, you, no! post a pic!

but say there is a thread in OT called Hello, no probs, talk about whatever you like.

Satis has in fact created a 'happy medium' between the two possibilities he posted.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Duke

Also another thingy, like the topic spoilers at the moment, the question has been answered, so people are talking bout whatever :) that's cool.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:44 am
Minor Diety

I just wanted to outline a few things for the clarity. I was a bit concerned by the way he said:

"If that means stream-of-consciousness yakking that blows a thread past 8 pages of unrelated yammering, so be it".

But its ok. I know where he's coming from now.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:47 am
Minor Diety

Fri May 09, 2003 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Just FYI, the mods and I discussed it behind closed doors, though I did make the final decision. I try to be democratic, but there has to be a strong central power (me) to keep stuff from dragging out indefinetely. Or to keep dumb stuff from happening.

Anyway, if you have further suggestions, pleaes, feel free. I'm not going to slap you down for making suggestions. :twisted:

Fri May 09, 2003 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]