It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Cannot upload avatar 
Emperor

Post Cannot upload avatar
I allways get message that img must be less than 12kb in size. This time mine were allways about 2-3kB.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

ok, I verified that it's a problem. The form input page is fine, though, and I can't find where the hell the image procesing is done in the code after you submit. It has to be there that the bug is. If you can find me the file, I'll fix the problem. I know you have a phpbb forum, and the avatar stuff is base-forum material. Conveniently enough, I've been busting my ass working on some php crap lately, including image upload and validation. So once I find where this damn code is hiding at, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Ehm, that's not my Forum. I just "keep it". I'll have my own forum, wroten by my own hands soon. But, don't worry. CK is still my nr.1 so I'll keep visiting and would link it probably. By the way, maybe I can grab some moderator here. :)

Try in includes/usercp_avatar.php with function user_avatar_upload(). I'm not sure what could cause such problem. Did your system admins upgraded to new version of php (i.e.5)? Or you have done some manual upgrades or something?

Btw now "view user profile" not working on my Forum. Dunno why! (another 2.0.11 expoit??) My link now is too slow and I'll have to wait one week before I get good access to these files. That suck!

Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

gah....thanks, that looks like the page alright. And, of course, it's mostly gobbledy-gook. I'll try to sort through it and figure out where the problem is.

As far as your own issues...sorry to hear it. I'm actually seriously thinking about killing off the forum, installing 2.0.11, and installing just the attachment mod with the default theme. Maintaining this forum is a pain in the ass with all the custom crap.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Erhm, maybe it was already established during the technical mumbu-jumbo above, but I can't upload simple .jpg attachments either anymore. Tried yesterday, tried today, no luck.

- Coach

Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:57 am
Felix Rex

erm...attachments should work. The issue is with avatars. Is that what you mean?

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

nopez...I mean regular attachments. And regular, small jpg's that aren't in use by any other program. I tried it again in this topic to be sure, and got the same message as before:

"Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/schooiers.jpg."

schooiers.jpg being the pic I tried to attach. :)

What now radioactive man?

- Coach

Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:31 pm
Felix Rex

I have a sneaking suspicion I know what's going on, but it'll be a pain to be sure. Damnit. I'll let you know when I get the urge to spend that kind of time.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

File uploads fixed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:22 pm
Minor Diety

Sorry to bother you, but I tried to upload again in the general games forum and no-go. Tried it again here to make sure again, same stuff as before. :(

- Coach

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:40 pm
Felix Rex

fixed again. :( Too bad it fucks up session variables on one of my project. Now to figure out why that's the case.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

seems to work, w00t. Now go fix those session variables (whatever the hell that is ;) ) buoy!

- Coach

Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:47 am
Emperor

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yay, I fixed session vars without breaking http uploads. yay me.

Issue resolved as far as I'm concerned. If anyone runs into anything else, let me know please.

oh, for anyone that cares, I had to include a custom php.ini file since my provided decided to make the /tmp folder no longer world writeable. This was prompted by a bad monkey worm.

Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = /www/edited/

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 5M

[Session]
; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
session.save_handler = files

; Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
session.save_path = "/www/edited/

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next