It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
root crew blah blah summin 
Minor Diety

Post root crew blah blah summin
OH NO! THIS SITE WAS DOWN FOR 24 HOURS.

I was so worried. I love you all so much, i miss you.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:31 am
Minor Diety

Yeah i also noticed, i got a white screen with "un-root crew" in the corner or something. Weird stuff. My main concern was getting rid of my major hangover at the time though.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:41 pm
Emperor

What un-root crew
got ck screw?

I got Satis just banned me for a week-two. :P Installed HL1 and started waiting.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, my forum got compromised. yay. I restored backups and fixed a security hole. We'll see if that keeps the losers out.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good thing it happened during a quiet time.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:16 am
Felix Rex

yea....sorta. Cept since it was quiet I didn't even check on my forums. Got bored last night and checked it...was like 'oh shit'.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Bastard...I even sent you an email, all that hard work (3 lines!) for nothing. :P

- Coach

Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:11 am
Felix Rex

yea, I got it (well after I figured it out on my own). Thanks for the proactiveness, though, sir. rofl

Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
King

Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

Do you have any idea what it's like to port over all the mods installed on this thing? It is HELLISH.

Thank you very much.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I wonder in what century phpbb 2.2 will be released. :roll:

Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:55 am
King

I realize this. Thank you.

Do you have any idea what it's like to port over all the mods installed on this thing? It is HELLISH.

Thank you very much.

I use the subsilver theme myself. Those other ones you have are annouying. And yes, I maintain 2 phpbb forums.

Quote:
7.iii. Patch file

The patch file is probably the best solution for those with many Mods or other changes who do not want to re-add them back to all the changed files. To use this you will need command line access to a standard UNIX type patch application.

A number of patch files are provided to allow you to upgrade from previous stable releases. Select the correct patch, e.g. if your current version is 2.0.10 you need the phpBB-2.0.10_to_2.0.11.patch. Place the correct patch in the parent directory containing the phpBB 2 core files (i.e. index.php, viewforum.php, etc.). With this done you should run the following command: patch -cl -d [PHPBB DIRECTORY] -p1 < [PATCH NAME] (where PHPBB DIRECTORY is the directory name your phpBB Installation resides in, for example phpBB2, and where PATCH NAME is the relevant filename of the selected patch file). This should complete quickly, hopefully without any HUNK FAILED comments.

If you do get failures you should look at using the Changed files only package to replace the files which failed to patch, please note that you will need to manually re-add any Mods to these particular files. Alternatively if you know how you can examine the .rej files to determine what failed where and make manual adjustments to the relevant source.

You should of course delete the patch file (or files) after use. As for the other upgrade procedures you should run install/update_to_210.php after you have finished updating the files. This will update your database schema and data (if appropriate) and increment the version number.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:56 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Duke

This host does not allow telnet, ssh, etc.

Personally, I would upgrade anyway. Apps like phpbb and nuke need to be constantly updated to avoid getting hacked.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
King

O no command line access...man that sucks....

Yea I agree with Pig here. Screw the mods. The only one thats worth reinstalling is quick reply.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:49 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

attachment mod is very handy. Otherwise, most people don't get to use screenies. The rest of the mods are pretty pointless, I agree.

Then again, I kinda nerfed some of the phpbb functions. Maybe I'll just wipe everything and go with a flat forum, then reinstall the necessary mods. Or maybe I just don't care. Or maybe I'll worry about my home machine that won't fucking boot first, and then I'll worry about this. Or maybe I'll curl up in a ball with a bottle of tequila and drink myself to sleep. And then, perhaps, I'll take my rifle and 500 rounds of ammo, climb a large tower somewhere, and shoot pedestrians for awhile.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next