It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Malicious ebay email warning 
Minor Diety

Post Malicious ebay email warning
If you are signed up with ebay and get an email from suspension@ebay.co.uk then do not reply to it.

It will ask you for your email and ebay login and password for maintenance purposes.

Luckily thanks to genious precautious brain i was able to identify this email as malicious before relpying.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:34 am
Duke

There have been a rash of bogus paypal and ebay emails going around. :(

Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

Hang the fuckers in the public square, thats what i say.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:13 pm
Minor Diety

As a general rule I never do that. Websites don't need your login info ever.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:33 am
Minor Diety

unfortunately not everyone knows this. I remember a harsh comment made by someone saying that they are "stupid". Again, i object.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:16 am
Felix Rex

IMO, with how many warnings there are on websites to not send out your login and password, and all the news stories about people getting ripped by sending out their login and password, and a little common sense..... anyone that sends these people their info IS a moron. Perhaps if the 'We Will Never Ask for Your Login Information' messages were less prevalent, and the number of news stories about people getting ripped off were less, then I'd agree with you.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A sidenote on that: It's the same anonimity that we all profit from on the net (well, i do, dunno how you guys feel like giving away your names and shit :) ), that makes these things possible. It's a bit of a double-edged blade. :)

- Coach

Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:58 pm
Count

All I have to say on the subject is that if your are stupid enough to give away your information then you deserve to be ripped off. That is like giving your credit card away to strangers. Or your bank account pin number. Maybe once you get ripped off you will learn something. I learn from my mistakes, even if they are hard learned. And hell if you do not learn form your misakes, then again it goes back to being stupid. 8-)

Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:10 pm
Minor Diety

fair point on the live and learn approach, but still, stupid, thats a bit harsh.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]