It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Another (stupid) question 
Minor Diety

Post Another (stupid) question
On my laptop i have problems with looking at photos or pictures, they tend to be all `striped` as if they don`t load properly. Even the avatars on this forum for example only show half or not at all at some times. It generates totally random btw. But when you get a photo on a whole page and you can`t scroll up or down, i can never get it complete on my screen.

so my question is simple: can i fix it? it`s not a life-threatening problem of course but it is annoying, like yesterday i saw my dad browsing through `cantus`-pictures i was looking at at another computer.

Ow and i also noticed that if you put smilies and i scroll down, they tend to get somewhere below in the text all of a sudden (as if someone has spilled his drink on a piece of paper and the ink has drifted down .. the text gets blurry btw)

I hope you get what i mean.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:06 am
Felix Rex

I get what you mean. This is only in Internet Explorer, right? Or is this in other programs too?

Sounds like IE is screwed up. I forget what version of windows you're running...erm...or version of IE. Please repost that and I'll tell you how to do a repair. Alternately, if you don't have 6.0, you can download it and hope it fixes the problem.

If the issue is happening everywhere (including outside of IE) then you've got windows issues. I'd do some spyware/adware searches, virus scan, etc. If it's this, though, the only thing that'll probably save you is a reinstall of Windows. :)

Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Win 2000, think i updated my version to 6.0 last time, that resolved my problems i had back then.
I`ll see if there are some updates nevertheless.

And i`m clean on spyware, virusses, ... (normally speaking that is, scanned yesterday), but it`s only in explorer as far as i noticed.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:53 am
Felix Rex

go to the control, to add/remove programs, and find the entry for 'Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools' (I believe that's what it's called). Double-click it, and a dialog will come up with a couple options... choose repair. After it repairs and makes you reboot, assuming the repair doesn't fail, see what happens.

Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Guess i`ll have to live with it.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:31 am
Felix Rex

Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]