It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Endless Rebooting............ fun....... 
Super Moderator

Post Endless Rebooting............ fun.......
A few weeks ago, my computer got itself in a twist and rebooted on startup. I'm using win2k, and it reboots about 3s after it goes into the pale blue screen to type in a password [after the white loading screen]. And it continues to do this..... endlessly....

One solution that I found on the net was to put it in safe mode and boot it up like that.... but guess what - it still reboots.

Even my dad is stumped, and he's one of the more knowledgable computer dudes in NZ....

Anyway - I'm using my pc using a second install of win2k - repair didn't work either - so everything is usable - I'm planning of copying my files to our server, then reformatting and reinstalling win2k - again.

Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:29 am
Felix Rex

that's your best bet. It's probably a device driver screwed up and crashing the box or something. If you can't get into windows at all, you can't diagnose it or do anything... may as well just wipe it.

Sometimes it's easier to just wipe everything out and start fresh than to try and fix a problem.

Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Yea - I'll do that.... I'll wait for a weekend my dad is here - incase I screw up :)

Oh - we [ie, dad] also tried booting it up under some linux thing which boots off a cd to check for blaster [we thought that might be the case - it was playing up for the previous week or so] but as far as I know, I don't have it.

The other option my dad suggested was that my video card was in a fit - due to some options or drivers being changed/mutilated/etc because of something I installed..... I installed something in the order of 10 demos though - so I have no idea which could [or would] do that.

Meh - Time to wipe it.

Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]