It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Fun with keyboards 
Minor Diety

Post Fun with keyboards
Nothing important, but I thought I'd share since it's amusing (and might be a good lesson for the future for all of us):

A few weeks ago I decided to deep clean my keyboard and took off all the keys and carefully cleaned everything. Everything seemed to go fine, until I realized that a group of letters (f, g, h and c) stopped working. I guess that I somehow got a part of the electronics wet or something. I let it dry out for a few days but it didn't help, and even two weeks later it was still borked. So I decided, ok, new keyboard. But before buying a new one I had to go away for 2 weeks anyway so I postponed it.

Come back home yesterday, boot up PC, and what do you know...everything works fine again! Wtf. :-D Slowest drying keyboard ever. Didn't work after 2 weeks, but DOES work after 4 weeks...OK THEN

- Coach

Sun May 21, 2017 5:23 am
Stranger

Post Re: Fun with keyboards
I have the Logitech keyboard that can be cleaned under running water.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 21, 2017 7:06 am
Felix Rex

I ran a keyboard through the dishwasher once because I heard it worked. Yea... not so much. Fried that sucker. Nowadays I just pop off the grossest keys, clean under them, then pop it back on again. No water or soap. I'll wash the keycaps, but not the keyboard itself. That seems to work... but yea, if you ever want to use my computer, you might want to bring your own keyboard. :wink:

Mon May 29, 2017 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Noted. :-D I wouldn't want to get stopped at the airport going home from the US, after the find traces of anthrax, fertilizer and other explosive materials under my nails after using your pc. :lol:

But yeah, superficial (and dry) cleaning under the keycaps while actually washing the keycaps themselves seems like a good idea.

- Coach

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:26 am
Felix Rex

"Sir, your keyboard has tested positive for alcohol and semen. A lot of semen."\

"Why do you have a test for semen?"

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Would love if they did that. Like, an unannounced blacklight check. I wonder how many people will go "oopssss...". :lol:

Also, family tragedies when partners find out there are recent traces of semen on their body/clothes without them having had sex recently. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]