It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Steam Link and Controller 
Minor Diety

Post Steam Link and Controller
So with the Steam hardware on sale this weekend I went ahead and ordered the link and the controller to go with my new PC in the future.

I've had my eye on it for a while (mostly the link), and I heard around with some friends who actually own them and their feedback was largely positive. The link isn't much more special than a very, very long HDMI cable but my router is close to my TV anyway, and I can't plug in a game controller into an HDMI cable. :roll: Also a 15m HDMI cable isn't much cheaper than a discounted link anyway.

I didn't really need the controller, but since it was on a serious discount (with the bundle + sale) and I'm interested in its potential for PC gaming (that is for PC games that don't traditionally go well with a controller) I went ahead and splurged on it. I'll also have two controllers now with my existing Xbox controller, which will allow me to play two-player games from the couch if I want to. :)

Any of you guys ever considered buying these things?

- Coach

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:30 am
Stranger

Post Re: Steam Link and Controller
Playing on the tv is not for me. I can spend an entire day in front of my pc and feel somewhat exhausted at the end of the day. I spend two hours behind my tv (which is a few years old & a decent plasma) and it feels like two fully loaded dumpster trucks had a destruction derby in my brain. I switch on the console when i have people over so they can play.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 pm
Minor Diety

I don't feel better or worse playing on a PC or a TV, so it's all the same to me really. Just a change of scenery. :)

I work in my bedroom/study all day every day, so when I'm off it's nice to be able to sit in another room and game when I want to.

- Coach

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:54 am
Felix Rex

I prefer being at my PC... more comfortable seating, more comfortable use of keyboard/mouse (maybe mitigated by a controller). *shrug* Also, I have a real PC connected to my tv, so I can do the Steam streaming thing where my desktop does the heavy lifting.

So yea, no need or desire here. But to each their own.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]