It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PC Crapping Out 
Minor Diety

Post PC Crapping Out
Been getting the odd BSOD since installing Rimworld + mods. I don't know if it's related to the game, because it happened yesterday for example immediately after logging into Windows (7). I've attached a sample.

Oh, and i've formatted the C drive and reinstalled Win 7 since i've been having the issue, but they prevail. The frequency isn't terrible.

What could this mean guys? Too much pr0n?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:49 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: PC Crapping Out
I did a cursory google and seems like it's related to the pagefile (as the error suggests).

This article has a pretty good summary:

https://turbofuture.com/computers/What- ... paged-Area

In short, run a checkdisk, and if that doesn't work try swapping out one of your two bars of RAM (assuming you have two) while playing Rimworld and see which one causes the crashes.

- Coach

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:23 pm
Felix Rex

This should also be creating a crash dump in your Windows directory. If you really want to impress your friends, you can load the dump up in a debugger and see exactly what crashed (eg, what device driver or kernel module or whatever). It's a huge pain in the butt though, and probably won't tell you much useful. :roll:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Any results yet Derf?

- Coach

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:48 am
Minor Diety

I'm lazily putting up with it. It's a good excuse to get up and do something else :D

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]