It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Amazon Prime Day 
Minor Diety

Post Amazon Prime Day
Apparently it's something called Amazon Prime Day (I'm not a Prime user), which offers discounts on hardware. Figured I'd let you guys know in case you needed any.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... are-deals/

- Coach

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:21 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Amazon Prime Day
Yea, it's the second annual Prime Day (or was on the 12th). Last year's was super lame... all the "deals" were pretty shit. This year's was... also pretty lame, though not as lame. Until they have some serious, black-friday type deals, I don't really care. I do have Amazon Prime, though. It's totally worth it just for the expedited/free shipping. Amazon Prime Video is a big bonus, too, since they actually have some good exclusive tv shows (Man in the High Tower is one I'm currently watching).

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh, if I was in the US I would totally get Prime. But the perks are pretty minimal if you aren't in the US, unfortunately. :(

- Coach

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:40 pm
Felix Rex

Oh, ok. I wasn't sure how they worked outside the US. If I didn't get the free 2 day shipping, I wouldn't subscribe either.

Being in Dallas, I even get access to some of their odder services, like same day delivery and whatnot. I don't use it, but I could.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What about drone delivery? :D

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 am
Felix Rex

Lol, no, not drone delivery. I don't think that's actually live anywhere. :roll:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And what a shame it is. :D

I may be on my 4th La Chouffe. It's about time you guys came back to Europe for another beerfest. Alternatively, I could go to Dallas, but I'm not looking forward to a full cavity search upon entrance to the US.

- Coach

Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:54 pm
Felix Rex

We'll keep you so drunk you'll forget all about it. :roll: Our next major vacation will probably be Asia, tbh.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What do tiny willing Asian girls got that I don't have? :(

Talking about being drunk at the airport, a friend of mine told me a story about the first time he went to Denmark (his gf is from there). For some context, the Danes are notorious beer drinkers.

They left late in the evening and had a layover and second domestic flight around 6 in the morning. He'd bought a 3-pack of German beer, 75 cl bottles when leaving and drank one the night before his first flight. Then they came to customs for the second flight, and because they'd switched zones (international to domestic) he couldn't take the beer along in his carry-on luggage. So he told the female customs officer 'here, you take them, shame to throw them away'. Her incredulous answer? "What, you're not gonna drink it right now?"

A female customs officer. At 5 AM. At the airport. Basically telling him he's a pussy for not putting down 1.5 litres of beer on the spot.

Crazy Danes. :lol: But very familiar!

- Coach

Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:46 am
Felix Rex

Lol, sounds like my kind of woman.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]