It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Small question 
Felix Rex

Thermal glue? :/ If you mean to put the pc together; then i got nu clue. I didn't build it aye, at least not the parts where glue comes in.

That's monkey balls then if it's not the temp. Maybe it's my gfx card overheating then. Sigh. I'll just the whole damn thing in there some time and tell them to fix my shitz. :roll:

thermal glue, thermal paste, I was talking about the crap you put inbetween your CPU and your cooler. You DO put goo inbetween there, right? Or a pad?

Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I assume it's done by the guys at the store who installed the processor and the cooler. :) Would be kinda strange if they haven't seeing as it's only their warranty that i'd be getting new parts from. So yeah, i'm pretty sure there's glue there.

- Coach

Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:09 pm
Felix Rex

hmmm...ok. :/ Dunno what they'd do... hopefully the thermal paste. They used to ship coolers/chips with these little 'pads' that're supposed to conduct heat from the chip to the cooler. They may have worked at one point in time, but now they just melt and don't do their job at all. I had a 30 degree (fahrenheit) difference in CPU temp between a pad and arctic silver.

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sorry for waiting so long with posting this, BUT IT'S SETTLED! w00000000t!! 1 4m t3 l33t pc 0wnz0r! :P

Hehe...see what i did was..

-format c: (once again)
-re-installed XP
-installed modem
-got SP1+ essential updates etc.
-installed mobo drivers (latest from asus)
-installed gfx drivers (latest from the web too)
-flashed BIOS

and for some weird-ass reason everything is working just fine now, not a single bleu screen in two days of Vice City, postal, and other stuff! :) I must admit that i'm not SURE i flashed the BIOS last time, but beeuh, it works now. What i did notice is that my cpu is standard cooler than with the last install. Back then it was 43, now it's a good 36-37 (all celcius).A mate of mine already suggested something about bios giving wrong temperature shit and stuff, but that seemed so wack i didn't think of it, but apparently that was the prob. Bha, so easy when i look back, blah.

In the meantime i mailed the guys at the pc store and told them about the cooler; and they told me:
"that's most likely a mistake. Even if it's not, our coolers here (that are the same as yours) can easily handle a 2800, so it might not even be a problem. Or maybe it's just a typo in the receit. Whatever it is; we'll be happy to take a look at it if you feel like it." So they're not being difficult either. :)

Anyways....i wanna thank everyone that cam up with advice on this frustrating quest; everyone being satis and one or two other ppl lol. Tnx bro. :)

P.S. is it legally allowed for a game to be as cool as Vice City? :wink:

- Coach

Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:49 pm
Stranger

Lol what kind of small question is 4 pages long :D And congratz OX. Welcome to the 2+ Ghz Guild :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:53 am
Felix Rex

w00t! Can't make fun of Ox's computer anymore, eh? :P Finally you can play MODERN games. heheh.

Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Nice Rinox - now maybe bg2 won't lag so much when we play... :wink:

Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:34 pm
Count

Hmm question to all the super fly guys to strut their stuff.... What would fix, or cause me to no longer be able to creat new folders in Word Perfect? I can still creat new text files, just not folders. Even after restarting. Oh and also, when your would right click, go to new, then folder, your get an illegal operation msg. thanks, *hugs/kisses* :)

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:47 pm
Minor Diety

, *hugs/kisses* :)

What?! I sure hope you're a very good looking lady. :? :P

I can't help you by the way, but I'm sure satis can.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:34 am
Felix Rex

beats me. Sounds like the O/S got hosed, but I have no idea how you'd fix it without reinstalling windows. :/ Sorry.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

ANOTHER WORD PERFECT USER!!

Corel >>>>>>>>>>>>> Microsoft

Erm.... no idea though... Try posting at the corel forums.... they'll actually know what they're doing.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:10 am
Thanks,And I use Corel less by choice than profession. However, just to give my opinion on Microsoft... I am sure my windows update caused the issue, and even if it's not I still blame the issue...

Additionally, I am a very hot chic... :) well, close at least, not as cute as back in the day... damn stress.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:52 am
Count

Damn it, I will have to get used to this logging in thing.... or you thinks I am a complete moron... no comments on the subject or I throw my knives. :oops:

Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:54 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, throw all your knives all the way from Texas. :roll:

Maybe you should enable cookies?

Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:56 am
Count

even if this just started happening and I have had my cookies disabled for a long time? Hmm, does not seem to be the issue I would think. Plus, cookies are one of the few things my boss knows to look at on a computer. Must keep him guessing at what I do all day. Ah, and yes, I will try on Monday just the same, being that I am asking for advice, but just sounds doubtful. Thinks time for a reinstall.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4