Felix Rex

Post DIY laser tennis ball
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/14/add- ... azy-video/

Cool stuff

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: DIY laser tennis ball
I bet I would have gone almost postal when that one wire came loose. I wonder how long the battery runs before he needs to recharge it. Would've made sense to incorporate some kind of recharge input ie from a broken cellphone.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:26 am
Minor Diety

I had the same idea as Peltz re: that loose wire haha. :) COol video though.

Reminds me of Cross Club in Prague...was really close to my place there, slightly on the outskirts of the city. It was basically an old building that was (at first) squatted by a group of alternatives and artists, when they then bought after its popularity grew. They turned the massive buildings and its myriad basements into an amazing thing...it's got a lounger room above, several rooms that play Drum n' Bass, Techno, Ska, Reggae, Rap, etc, and large parts that are just seats and tables and bars. The public was very different from your normal club, very alternative and chilled out. Lots of drugs going around but mostly the mellow kind.

Anyway, all that is more or less an intro cause the best part about Cross Club was its crazy-ass engineering and electronics art. They have a few rogue electricians/plumbers/artists that turned spare car parts, PC parts, and general electronics waste into furniture and art for the club's walls, celings, dance rooms and front. It was glorious. One seating area was an entire old-school bus interior reworked into a seating stand with bus seats and whatnot. The outside of the club had some sort of giant, weird, rotating metal wheel with a light show...one dance room was compeltely decorated in old mother boards, the fussbal table room had a fussball table suspended from the ceiling and so on and so on.

It's hard to do it justice in words, so if you ever are there (Prague) make sure you visit it. It's a unique place. :) I'm almost amazed that it isn't used in movies. One of the reasons I wish I never left Prague, heh. Chilled out and super cool, and cheap as fuck. The perfect club. :P

Some pics and vids I found...

[img]
http://www.otaku.ch/pol/pic/live/09.02. ... s_Club.jpg[/img]

you can vaguely see the motherboards on the wall to the left on the last one

- Coach

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 am
Felix Rex

That is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind going if I'm in the area. Which I may be eventually. :p

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]