It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
One cannot contain the open source. 
Stranger

Post One cannot contain the open source.
I'm sure you've seen all the bizarre creations that came with the cracking of MS kinect sourcecode. Well here's something funny on a similar scale.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Froyo-Touch ... 12786.html

HP Investigating Android TouchPad Shipments

Quote:
When news began to spread that HP may have shipped TouchPads with Android, the porting teams reached out to the company, asking for the source code -- and the firmware that drives multi-touch and wireless functionality on the device -- based on Android's open source license. Phil Robb, director of HP's open-source program office, responded to the developers claiming that not only did HP not authorize the distribution of Android on the TouchPad tablets, but that HP didn't ship them in the first place, even by mistake.

"We presently believe that some person or persons unknown may have facilitated the delivery of these Android-based units strictly against the policy and authorization of HP," Robb wrote. He went on to ask the Android developer community to provide any information they could offer that would help HP track down the individuals responsible for slipping the Android TouchPads into the distribution.

Its news like these that assure me there is still hope for mankind. A human being might be considered mistakenly the weakest link but he sure as hell is the most unique link.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:03 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: One cannot contain the open source.
Yea, talk about bizarre. The "big modders" are wondering how HP managed to get Android running, and it's probably just a rogue employee or something. Crazy shit. Whoever that is, freaking promote him!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]