It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Anonymous vs Aaron Barr 
Felix Rex

Post Anonymous vs Aaron Barr
This is a really good write-up of the events that led up to anonymous trashing HBGary, hacking their website, mail server and twitter account, and basically just torturing Mr. Barr for being a jackass. I don't necessarily agree with everything Anonymous does, but sometimes they've really got their collective heads in the right places. :twisted:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... -price.ars

If you have no idea what this is about, basically this guy (Aaron Barr) announced that he had 'penetrated' Anonymous and identified their leadership. He was going to give a talk on it at some security conference (he used social media to make the connections) and he was basically trying to sell his company's products to the feds. From the story (and leaked emails) it sounds like his findings were more based on ego than fact. *shrug* It makes a good read... and is really something you'd expect from a tv show rather than IRL.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: Anonymous vs Aaron Barr
A necessary evil perhaps?

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]