It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SSD comparison 
Felix Rex

Post SSD comparison
Here's an SSD comparison that just came out on Tom's. Shows the 160GB x25-m among some others. I'm happy to say that the x25-m (which I have in my pc) still does extremely well on the benchmarks, even though it's quite a few months old. In a space as new as SSD, that's not bad at all.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd ... ,2593.html

A part 2 is apparently coming. I'm just looking forward to when SSD prices drop enough I can afford to upgrade my laptop with a larger one.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: SSD comparison
Hah, commentators are pounding that article heavily :D

Quote:
Quoting the article:
"Finally, we found Corsair's power requirement a bit too high. Drawing 0.4W at idle is four times more than Intel and Toshiba require."

Really????

Oh NO! 0.4 Watts, that's crazy mad power there! I looked back at article titled "Efficiency Explored: Core i7-980X Versus Core i7-975" and found that test system had an idle system power draw of 99 watts and 101 watts.

Quote:
With the plethora of SSD's out there, you picked 5, including 2 North Americans can't even get, and you called it your "Spring Roundup?"

They are still too expensive here for me to even consider them, "cheap" 30gb ssd goes for $120ish, and intels 160gb x25m goes for $500

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm
Felix Rex

Post Re: SSD comparison
hehe, yea, the power stuff was retarded. Oh noes, 4 watts under heavy load! Never mind the 130watt processor.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]