It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
MSIs all-in-one PC. 
Stranger

Post MSIs all-in-one PC.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/3D-AIO-PC ... 33093.html

Now usually i dont give a damn about these "blenders" but check out the size and specs of this machine.
Heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpS9leJY ... r_embedded

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:27 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: MSIs all-in-one PC.
I think that's pretty cool. Integrating monitor with computer makes sense to me since monitors nowadays seem to last longer than the computer itself. Wires are fugly and annoying.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:10 am
Minor Diety

I like it. That's basically the pc I currently have packaged into about a tenth of the space. Genius. I dread to think what the cost will be like though.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm not a fan of all-in-ones, though they certainly do have their place. I'll still with my box. :) Still, there's nothing wrong with diversity. I'm happy Asus and MSI are doing what they're doing... it's shaking up PC OEMs quite a bit.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
I'm not a fan

Speaking of fans :D, id love a look inside that thing because it probably looks like a mix of a regular PC and laptop components. The fans :D have their work cut out for them because even a minor drop in efficiency causes the ambient temperature to rise which in return creates a whole lot of new problems.

As an example, when the cpu fan in my brothers laptop began to fail (as in it didn't stop completely) the keyboard started to bend and melt. I think i heard of rumors where the temperature has also caused laptop wireless cards to fail.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 am
Felix Rex

I'm not too surprised, though it's interesting. My laptop can be switched between performance modes where it swaps between the discrete and onboard graphics cards... the high performance mode causes significantly more battery drain, so I go from 8 hours of battery life to probably 2. If I plug it into the wall on performance mode, the power brick actually gets really, really hot. After 30 minutes or so, it gets so hot it turns itself off, so you swap to battery power again. Once it cools, it swaps back on, but goddamn. The laptop itself gets quite warm as well, though not horribly so. Thankfully I don't need high performance mode to watch HD video, just for gaming.

The new gen Tegra stuff makes those high-performance / high-battery life changes automatically, so the hybrid stuff is even more efficient. My next laptop will definitely have that functionality.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]