It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Iphone - hacked at Pwn2Own 
Stranger

Post Iphone - hacked at Pwn2Own
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/iPhone-Ha ... 33059.html

Quote:
ZDNet reports that Vincenzo Iozzo and Ralf Philipp Weinmann exploited a previously unknown vulnerability and had the target iPhone visit a Web Site containing malicious code. It took Weinmann, a 32-year-old from the University of Luxembourg, collaborated and Iozzo, a 22-year-old Italian researcher from Zynamic, to find the vulnerability and write the exploit. Once they put everything in place, the hack took just 20 seconds.

Weinmann went on to say that in addition taking the SMS database, the exploit could have taken the phone's contact list (for both phone and email), photographs and iTunes files.

ZDNet cites Weinmann as saying there’s a non-root user called ‘mobile’ with certain user privileges in the iPhone Sandbox. "With this exploit, I can do anything that ‘mobile’ can do," he said.

Weinmann and Iozzo won $15,000 and got to keep the iPhone.

Luckily these guys are of the rare breed. Because otherwise i'd be somewhat concerned should i ever be a owner of such gadget.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm
Felix Rex

Post Re: Iphone - hacked at Pwn2Own
if you don't want your phone to be exploited, don't turn it on. :wink: I'm sure most phones have vulnerabilities of some sort. The iphone just so visible and "we can't get hacked" Apple. Such a juicy target. :twisted:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]