Felix Rex

Post Re: Satis New PC
heh..I wish. I'd be $10,000 richer. :(

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
lol...actually replaced the keg of bud light with a keg of Shiner on Friday. So yea, I've got all the beer I need (at least for now). :twisted:

Bud light doesn't qualify as "beer". Bock, I can live with. :P

- Coach

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:49 am
Felix Rex

Yea... we have some friends that drink the crap... plus I need a change. About the only kegs we can get easily are Bud Light, Coors Light, and Shiner Bock. So we drink Shiner and Bud since Bud is better than Coors (in our opinion). Though I agree, it's not very good. Personally I'm cool with ordering kegs of differing types, but we tried that and many beers we'd like to order can't be ordered by our beer stores for whatever reason. It's frustrating, but after striking out several times we said screw it and went with another keg of Shiner.

On a side note, we need to head to a beer supply store and pick up a German tap so we can order a keg of Kostritzer or Warsteiner. :twisted:

Err... still waiting on my freakin' tax refund. The IRS says it'll be 'by March 2nd' if they don't find anything wrong with it. :roll: Stupid slow ass government.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Got my refund. :) Yay! I went through pricing Newegg vs Fry's (a local store) and will be doing some local shopping after work. I'll then order the rest of the components online. I also inexplicably got an extra $400... which makes me annoyed at the website I did my taxes through that the IRS caught that I should get more money, but these people I paid to efile through did not. :evil:

At any rate, that extra $400 is nice. I'll probably go ahead and order a 25.5" monitor too.

*edit*
damnit, out of stock. :x

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
damnit, out of stock.

Elevenbravo!

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 pm
Felix Rex

I know! Wtf is up with that? :roll:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Aight, I bought all my parts, either online or locally. I just need to wait for them to get here, then I'll build my monster. :D Looking forward to it!

I'm holding off on the monitor until it comes back into stock. With an 8800gt, I'm in no real hurry to upgrade to 1900x1200 resolution.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, look out man, I know this feeling: "ZOMG I'M RICH" and you start going "well ok it's 40 bucks extra for this 1 FPS but it's probably worth it" and more decadent shit like that. I was there 2 months ago when I got my own tax return. :roll: So, by all means, build that monster, but don't go nuts. :demon:

As long as it can play L4D2 all should be fine anyway.

- Coach

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:50 am
Felix Rex

Guess what came in the mail today. :demon: My parts have arrived! too bad they didn't come till like 6:30pm. Bastards. But that's ok. I can't wait to start putting the bitch together.

Sorry for Mr. Blurrycam... had to use my phone cam since my chick hid her camera from me. :argue:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Nice loot. I suppose we shouldn't expect you online for gametime anytime soon? :P That's ok tho, Derf is MIA as well this weekend and I might not have much time.

- Coach

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 am
King

Funny how all that stuff came in that little box. The UPS guys handed it to me and I said "You got more stuff?" he said "Thats it". I thought I got screwed at first.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:32 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

Lol, yea, I was expecting a significantly larger box. And I'm amazed at how tiny and light the SSD is. It seems so insubstantial considering it was the single most expensive item.

At any rate, my old PC apparently saw the parts and threw a hissy fit and blue screened on me last night, then refused to boot properly. A night of no power put it back into proper spirits, though. :roll: I played around a little bit with the parts last night, but I didn't start anything. That will be when I get off work.

As for L4D... I plan to have the system functional by Saturday afternoon, so actually I would LOVE to play some l4d. If you bastards aren't available I'll have to grab Shiny and pug it. You wouldn't want that, now would you?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Count

but Shiny would want that :cry: I'm the new lepper of games.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Felix Rex

Well, shit went tits up on my build. Spent quite a while putting everything together, running cables, etc... hit the power button... phase LEDs on the board lit up. Pulled off all extra hardware... same thing. Removed all but one stick of RAM... tried a new power supply... same deal. Bought a new motherboard, tried a different graphics card... phase light. The only pieces of hardware that have remained static are the CPU and power cable. I'm pretty sure it's not the power cable, so I'm left with a bad CPU. WTF is the chance of that?

So, yea, not so happy. My old pc is lying in pieces since I had to steal its PSU, and I've got an extra mobo I'll be returning with a 15% restocking fee. *sigh* Crappy, crappy day for ol' Satis. Best of all, I get to return my cpu and wait for a replacement, which'll probably take a week. If I get a new CPU and it still doesn't work, I'm going to go crazy.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Not to mention the parts will probably come while we are in Vail hitting the slopes. Poor Satis. I normally would poke fun of him a bit for this but man I feel bad. If you could see the look on his face. Even the offer of some other form of recreation didn't get a reaction. He's bummed. :cry:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next