It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
iTab 
Felix Rex

Post Re: iTab
the most important question.... will it blend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... r_embedded

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Bah i was searching for this thread for like 10 pages. How on earth could i have missed it when it was the first one on page 1. Anyway heres a nice quote from Tycho at PA (Monday, April 5 2010).

Quote:
Everything the iPhone excels at, this excels at also, and that includes the acquisition of human grease and filth. Every extended interaction with the device leaves it coated with smears of unknown provenance, like a stripper pole.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:33 am
Felix Rex

heh...don't touch the stripper pole!

Apparently the ipad is actually selling. :?: Wtf? Is the cult of apple so brainwashed they'll buy anything that Steve Jobs masturbated on? There's even a clothing line that has an iPad pocket. WTF?!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/scot ... world-cri/

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Count

Yes but since people started buying clothing with pockets for tech gear and people buy them <cough Satis cough> then companies will continue to make them. I mean how much do pockets cost to make versus the markup on a simple jacket with more pockets?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 am
Felix Rex

I only have one thing with geek pockets, and you must admit that it's pretty cool. You wish you had one.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Nah, dont need it. My own thoughts are good enough for me when i work out. I dont need some emotionally crippled emo artist screaming down on me while i am in the middle of thoughts like is this enough, why cant i feel my legs, am i dead, why do i do this and can i give up now. :D

Regarding the picture: EMO actually stands for Erakorralise Meditsiini Osakond which translates roughly to ER in english.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 pm
Minor Diety

Meh, my clothes have enough pockets (as in: more than one) to accommodate my wallet, keys and my mobile phone (which doubles as mp3 player). What more would I need?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:23 pm
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
Apparently the ipad is actually selling. :?: Wtf? Is the cult of apple so brainwashed they'll buy anything that Steve Jobs masturbated on?

The answer is yes, yes they are. I've seen footage and interviews of the opening sale on Madison Avenue in NYC and seriously, these guys were running out of the stores in a state of euphoria with their arms raised in the air as if they'd achievemed something, giving high fives to the Apple store personnel. I was going...whaaa?

It's really creepy. There's like this entire Apple subculture of people whose lives are defined by buying Apple's bogus shit, even the shit no one realistically would need. At first I kind of liked the idea thinking it was like a portable PC more or less, until I found out it was more like a really big Iphone...yeah...no thanks.

- Coach

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:13 am
Stranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnIXfoS ... r_embedded

hah, thats one way of using the ipad.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am
Felix Rex

Well, there's still plenty of time for the iPad to fail. I'll be waiting. :roll:

The Joo Joo came out at the same time, another pad-type pc, only this one is meant for only web surfing and runs some crap-ass OS or something. Anyway, it was kinda interesting to me when it was the crunchpad. Then some bad joo joo went down and it got renamed the Joo Joo...and now it appears to be a bigger piece of crap than the iPad. *shrug* I'll wait for a real tablet to come out. I don't need to game on it, but I do want a fully-capable Windows 7 that can run Photoshop, browse the web, and do remote desktop. And of course it needs to be multitouch. I'll wait.

Ever seen Being John Malkovich? Quick summary of the relevant side plot: a puppeteer steals his body and makes puppeteering suddenly really popular with all kinds of people doing it. So yea, that's Apple... they say "tablet pc!" so everyone has to come out with a tablet PC. Hopefully that means some genuinely good ones will be coming out soon.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
Hopefully that means some genuinely good ones will be coming out soon.

My bets are on Asus (unless they have one already, i dont know).

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:26 am
Stranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFwyMwz ... _embedded#

Apparently this is the current Asus offering, two tablet pcs with keyboards. There is however a rumor of a tablet similiar to the Ipad and it will probably run Windows 7. At least the two previous tablets do run windows os.

EDIT: forgot the features link.
http://www.asustablet.com/asus/t101mt/

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I want a fully touch tablet with no keyboard. And a SMALL freakin' bezel. The bezel on the ipad is ridiculously large. Of course, the Joo Joo is worse.

HP released (inadvertantly) some specs on it's upcoming slate. It looks pretty cool, actually.

This is from a wired article, but whoever the writer is is an obvious Apple fanboy, so it's best to take the article with a really big grain of salt.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/04/ ... ss-netbook

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

1) http://www.gamespot.com/news/6257099.ht ... op;title;3
2) http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/ipad-isup ... 33174.html

The cost of manufacturing vs pricing. Anyone who claims these people aren't brainwashed are liars.

EDIT:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3640/appl ... h-review/3

More on the ridiculous pricing of the iPad, this time its Anandtech. People bitch and moan that they have no money. Well fuck yes geniuses, buy more Apple stuff.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:08 am
Stranger

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ipad-99-yea ... -6565.html

Quote:
Zargg 04/24/2010 2:56 AM
uh yea if she has never used a computer before, of course she will be amazed by using a computer. She would probably be just as amazed at a cell phone, laptop, netbook, CRYSIS at LOW settings even!

Loved the comment.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next